Priceline Hotel: Resort Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert) Hyatt GC

AndrewOAz
By AndrewOAz,
in

We are seeking a nicer room in the La Quinta area of Palm Springs for this Sunday evening 3/13. We are open to staying anywhere in the Palm Springs area, however we prefer closer to La Quinta/Indian Wells area as we are going to a tennis event on Sunday and Monday. I do know they have some nice resorts there so curious the best strategy to get the nicest hotel for the least amount. We would like to stay in the $50-80 range. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

We are open to staying anywhere in the Palm Springs area, however we prefer closer to La Quinta/Indian Wells...

This doesn't really tell us how you want to bid... are you willing to accept both the Palm Springs and/or Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert zones or is only one of these zones acceptable? Are you willing to pay more for one zone over the other OR is the least expensive 4* or better your goal for this stay?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the questions (and here I thought I was being complete, haha). I am willing to accept other zones, but the preference and the premium would be the Indian Wells zone. Yes, I'd pay an extra 10-20 for that zone. I know they have some very nice hotels near there too. Naturally, least expensive is nice, but my actual goal is the perfect combination of "nicest hotel for the best price". Thanks again........ and Go Blue! :)

When bidding for a 4* hotel in this region you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I think your budget may be too low for this particular nite, but you can give it a try as follows:

Select 4* Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Palm Springs...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try:

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert AND Palm Springs...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding for a 4* hotel in this region you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I think your budget may be too low for this particular nite, but you can give it a try as follows:

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try:

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert AND Palm Springs...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

First round was a no go, but I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks.

This is busy PNB Paribus tournament weekend and I think you're bidding too low. The $60-80 wins you see are for other slower nights. Hotwire has a 4* in La Quinta-Indian Wells for $285 and a 4* in Rancho Mirage-Palm Desert for $259. If Priceline has something my offhand guess is more in the $110-150 range. With your trip three days away there's not a lot of time to edge up in small steps unfortunately.

Palm Springs looks better. Hotwire has a 4* in Palm Springs-Cathedral City for $122. It looks like a match for the Riviera. You've bid to $80, and $90 or $100 on Priceline might do it in Palm Springs.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Want to close out the string with the results - success! As I shared, she wanted to start lower, but ironically, she caved in to their counteroffer.

Anyway, did resorts in Indian Wells/La Quinta for $88 anticipating going up to $100. We got a counteroffer at $113. My instincts were to bid the $100 again, but given it was only a day away, to get a resort for $113 seemed like a great deal so we took it. Turned out to be the Hyatt Grand Champions, which is a phenomenal place. Their front desk forgot to mention the resort fee and it wasn't on their printout from Priceline, but all told, a $300+ value for $113 made my wife very happy. Thanks for the help and advice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]