Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Secaucus-Meadowlands) Prime Suites

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

made a same day, last minute bid in the Secaucus area and accessed Priceline through savingsbarn.com. Selected a 3* property and won on my first bid.

Your Offer Price: $70.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $70.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.60

Total Charges: $87.60

This property is in the Harmon Meadows retail/office development along with several other hotels, and had been the Radisson Suites. The room was a true suite with a two beds seperated by a door from an area with a pull-out sofa bed, desk, and small refrigerator. There is a restaurant on site and nearby dining options in the area are limited to the chains like Olive Garden and Outback. With a car, driving to the Water Taxi in Weehawken is an alternative means to get into the city, especially if going to the Javits Convention Center. High Speed internet was interrupted just yesterday until another provider is selected so local phone dial up charges will be waived. Probably overpaid for this stay, but it was a last minute and I wanted to stay in this area.

This hotel has been coming up more frequently lately... maybe they're getting the business the JC Hyatt was otherwise taking?

I once went to a cocktail party in the base of this property (when it was a Radisson) but haven't ventured and further than that.

Hope you're enjoying your stay... and as always, thanks for bidding thru the 'barn. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Secaucus is not as convenient to NYC as is the Hyatt, Doubletree or Candlewood in Jersey City. Secaucus-Meadowlands area hotels also depend on business travel during the week and I suspect that this zone may become home base for NYC-bound travellers seeking lower priced weekend accomodations.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]