Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Ocala Fairfield Inn Ocala

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

while my bid was $46, I had $4 bonus dollars so it was $50 with the bonus money. The taes and fees are higher because they are based on a $50 bid, while priceline pays for the $4 increase per day, you are responsible for the taes that increasing the bid incurrs. (a bit sneaky but fair)

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $46.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Room Subtotal: $230.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $32.95 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $262.95 (USD)

I wanted to extend the nights from my priceline winning bid at the Holiday inn epress but when I chose that option PRICELINE increased my bid to $70/night and with taes and fees 4 nights was $339 or close to that. I guess if I really needed not to move I would have taken it but since savings is more important than staying in one place, I had my daughter get up and move to the net property.. Bids up to $54 were not accepted at either the 3 star level ocala or the 2.5 star level silver springs, for 2 star Ocala south , when i bid 47, i was requested to raise my bid $15-$58, and I declined. thank goodness since it was only 2 star properties and I got to that page without double checking. I then used both Ocala and Silver springs 2.5 and 3 star and finally got this bid accepted after the four nights at $45 with $4 bonus was rejected. I think the dates are key. It seems that in Silver springs you can get a room easier mon-thur but then have to try Ocala for the weekend. Bids on more than one night are harder to get than bids for one night at a time. (just my observations). I really wanted the Holiday inn Conference (3*) in Ocala to try out those temperpedic beds... maybe next time. its for my daughter so she just better appreciate it. I like that breakfast is included and that it is only 8 miles down the road from the hotel she is currently at.

Of course I used your PRICELINE link to do my bidding and winning!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the outcome and this should work well for your daughter's plans.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE link on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]