Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Ocala (Silver Springs) Hoilday Inn Express and Suites

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

First bid of $44 . Priceline gave me one more chance to bid if I increased my bid from $15 to $59. I declined the offer , closed the page and then started over, adding Homosassa Springs as a free rebid. My

$48 bid was accepted. This was after trying many bids via Ocala and not getting any bites up to $48 for both 3 star and 2.5 stars.

1 room for FOUR NIGHTs

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $48.00

Subtotal: $192.00

Taxes & Fees: $26.88

Total Charges*: $218.88

I am so glad those bids were rejected because I am bidding for my daughter and while taking a break during my bidding process, my daughter asked me if she could stay at the Holiday Inn Express again. as I had won her a bid a few nights ago for $39 in Virginia for her travel down to Florida and she liked that hotel very much.

This Hotel is pretty new from what I understand from other reviews and with 98 percent recommendation for this Hotel I am very pleased to be sending her here. She is currently at the Travelodge in Ocala, which I won through Hotwire at $30 and though she had no complaints she asked if I could get her a room with a refrigerator and microwave. I am so happy I can get it for her w/o paying the rack rates. It was on Priceline for $77 but when I rechecked the price it went up to $83 and I saw it earlier in the day for $99, On there site it is currently $78, which I would never have paid even though it is a reasonable rate for this hotel. There are many hotels that are cheaper in the area from $35 and up which you can book directly through the hotel but this is a better deal since the property is newer and offers more ammenities. I love that breakfast is included because then I know she at least will eat a good breakfast every day! There also was a 2.5 star property on Hotwire in the Ocala area for $52 for these nights but I didnt take it since I couldn't guarantee a refrigerator and a microwave. I think that would have been the La Quninta Inn which on their site states that only some of the rooms have microwave and fridge so I didn't take the chance.

I will comment further on how she liked the hotel after her stay is complete.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]