Priceline Hotel: Resort Hilton Head Island Crowne Plaza

cdc3030
By cdc3030,
in

I have written to the resort to express my annoyance...especially in winter since so many of the "resort" amenities will be too cold to use. Hate those extra fees.

I would like to hear the outcome of this, you have a good argument. BTW, the rate for NYE is $95 per night, so well done! They call the $12.95 fee a "service charge"....a shameless money grab by any other name.

• 4 weeks later...
I would like to hear the outcome of this, you have a good argument. BTW, the rate for NYE is $95 per night, so well done! They call the $12.95 fee a "service charge"....a shameless money grab by any other name.

So, the resort fee is for parking and internet. Reeeediculous. We protested with Priceline, tried to cancel, and they rejected our plea.

We protested with the resort, who were very nice about it, when they finally decided to answer my emails that is....

and are waiving the fee.

I do not think this will work again though, so I would not suggest that others expect to get the fee waived. They looked into priceline's process and pointed to the page you initial saying there may be additional charges.

Anyway, I think it is a scam, but I am glad that the resort was considerate, this time. I would suggest that anyone looking at resorts on HH just expect extra fees.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]