Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Long Island-Suffolk County (Hauppauge) Hyatt Regency Wind Watch

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

began bidding in the MacArthur Airport zone at the 3* level at $44, a lowball offer in an attempt to snag the Holiday Inn as its a dead travel day on a dead travel week. I guess the renovations have increased its occupancy levels and hence its rates. I received a counteroffer to increase the bid by $15. I dropped to a 2.5* and bid $46, but received the same $15 counteroffer. Dropped to a 2* and bid $42 and received no counteroffer. I changed zones to Hauppauge and selected a 3.5*, bid $46 and got the Hyatt.

Your Offer Price: $46.00

Taxes & Fees: $14.10

Total Charges: $60.10

The standard rate is $154 so this works for me. Made my bids using the PRICELINE links on the boards.

Although a nice property, it is a bit frayed around the edges, the rooms need to be freshened up a bit. However, the lobby is still pretty decent.

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps a bit tired (i seem to recall you used to REALLY like this property) this does see like a great rate for the area... hope it's suited your needs well.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes, its still one of my favorites, despite a recent stay where all of the ice machines were broken. An absolute steal for $46...but for a few $$ more, the new Spring Hill Suites in the MacArthur zone provides free breakfast and free wifi, a slightly better value, IMO.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]