Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Dallas (Downtown) Sheraton

ltalvarez
By ltalvarez,
in

I booked a 3.5* hotel room using Priceline for $45. My friend tried to book the same hotel using the same price and star level and his bid of $45 was rejected. I had another friend that booked a 4* hotel (was also supposed to do 3.5* but messed up) for $50 in the same area. If I go back to my reservation and want to extend it, it replaces my original bid of $45 which it rejects and it said if I was willing to pay $60, they can give me one more night. We need to book additional rooms and would like to have them all at the 3.5* hotel. Is there any way to still get the 3.5* hotel for $60 even though the 4* hotel is $50? Even if I bid $60 for example for a 3.5* room specifically, will it give me the 4* instead since the price is cheaper than the 3.5*? What seems to have happened is that the 3.5* has increased its price and it now more expensive than the 4*. The 3.5* is the only 3.5* in that area. The 3.5* hotel is walking distance to where we need to go so it is much preferred. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted the winning bid, sorry for the delay. This is the first winning bid that I have had. Usually when I travel, I need to stay at a particular hotel and that is obviously not guaranteed with Priceline. Since I noticed the Sheraton was the only 3.5*, I decided to give it a try and it worked out. Any help with my question would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't see any way for you to target the Sheraton Downtown... the Sheraton Suites may be possible, but that's not that close to the Downtown Sheraton.

Rooms direct from the Sheraton website are $109/nite... how high are you willing to bid and risk a different hotel vs. paying the $109 for the hotel you want?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Sheraton link if you decide to book direct)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]