Priceline Hotel: 2* Jacksonville (Southpoint-Butler) Microtel Inn And Suites

RAU
By RAU,
in

Used the PRICELINE link at the top of this page.

Initially bid $25 for 2* in East Region. Declined. Rebid for $26, adding Southpoint-Butler region. Accepted.

:) BEWARE! Bid was accepted for smoking room. An additional $5.69 was charged for non-smoking room upon arrival.

Microtel Inn And Suites Jacksonville, 2 Star

Jacksonville Southpoint - Butler Blvd

4940 Mustang Road

Jacksonville, Florida 32216

904-281-2244

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $26.00

Subtotal: $26.00

Taxes & Fees: $10.46

Total Charges*: $36.46

Included very limited (and bad) continental breakfast, featuring burned coffee.

OK, I get that it's a 2 star, but charging a premium for non-smoking? There are 2.5 stars that would have accepted a bid less than $31, which is roughly where this ended up. I'm going to work the issue with Priceline, as I feel, unlike parking, smoking/non-smoking is essential to the stay, and any premium should be factored into acceptance of the bid.

Thank you for your great service!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

I'm going to work the issue with Priceline, as I feel, unlike parking, smoking/non-smoking is essential to the stay, and any premium should be factored into acceptance of the bid.
While i too prefer non-smoking rooms i understand your frustration, but i don't think you're going to get very far with PRICELINE as the terms do state that smoking/non-smoking is not guaranteed and at the discretion of the hotel. The one explanation i could see justifying an additional charge is if the hotel was sold-out of 'standard' non-smoking rooms but offered you to upgrade to the next room class for $5 where a non-smoking room was available.

If a non-smoking room is a must have (as opposed to a want) you could also search HOTWIRE and purchase a hotel showing the non-smoking icon... HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, but you can consider that the 'premium' factored into the price.

Hope the hotels of your future stays are more accommodating.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]