Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Regents Park-Baker St) Marriott Rgts Pk

butterfly
By butterfly,
in

I wanted a room in London for one night as my partner and I were going to see a show and didn't fancy a long commute home at midnight, what I hadn't reckoned on was the London Marathon on the Sunday morning after my Saturday night stay!

After starting my bidding at $90 dollars for a 4* in the Mayfair/Soho area I gradually increased my areas of choice and increased my offer.

The Regents Pk - Baker St area wasn't my final choice, I had included it from about $105 but priceline didn't bite until I'd included almost every area (with the exception of Bloomsbury & Notting Hill) and hit $116.

The details...

London Marriott Hotel Regents Park

128 King Henrys Road

London, United Kingdom

Check-In Date: Saturday, 16 April 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, 17 April 2005

Your Offer Price:

Thanks for posting and sharing your win and enabling to add this new property to our lists.

Do you recall the amount of your bid immeidately before this acceptance?

I think you post re-iterates a good point for any newbies that are reading... bid prices for you stay should be based upon current hotel rates, not somebody else's accepted bid for different check-in/check-out dates.

Maybe you'll stick around and watch the marathon Sunday morning instead of heading straight home :)

Enjoy your stay (and the show)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is that this 69.99 corresponds to the room rate + VAT. That's how it always seems to work in Europe. If that's the case, then the room rate minus the VAT would be about 59.6 pounds. But you said a 60 pound bid didn't work, so who knows - maybe there's some other commission percentage in there too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]