Hotwire Hotel: 3* Civic Center South - Hayes Valley area Hotel

Traveler_101
By Traveler_101,
in

Hi, I'm new to betterbidding and I'm hoping you can help me identify the following hotel :

3* Civic Center South - Hayes Valley area Hotel

Amenities : Smoke free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, High-speed internet.

Recommended in 75 % of customer reviews on HotWire

May 21st to May 29th 2010 (8 nights for 1 person)

The rate given by Hotwire is 63$ a night

Also, do you know if this is a safe area for a single woman (25y/o) traveling solo ?

Thank you so much!! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above is a match for the Whitcomb so that would be my best guess for this one.

I'm not familiar with this area in particular, but we have plenty of board members who are, so i'll let them answer in that regard.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, do you know if this is a safe area for a single woman (25y/o) traveling solo ?

I think Whitcomb is among the best budget hotels in downtown SF. It's a classy hotel for the money with plenty of history and character, large rooms (compared to some other downtown hotels), good service, and BART and MUNI stops at the hotel's front door. That said, Whitcomb's neighborhood is probably its weak point, and for a single woman travelling solo--especially if you enjoy strolling near your hotel after dark---you might be happier closer to Union Square, where there's more restaurants and activity and people around after dark.

For $63 you might win a 3* in USE or USW on PRICELINE. Fisherman's Wharf is a safer area too, and $63 may be enough for a 3* in FW.

Or you can split your stay--4 nights/3 nights---between two hotels, if you want try two different parts of town.

Your thoughts?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]