Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (UM/CPS) Park Central Hotel

DCGUY9
By DCGUY9,
in

Hello,

I would like a 4* hotel in either ME, MW, UE, or UM. I bid yesterday at $99 and was rejected . The most I would like to bid is $140 (before taxes). The dates are May 15-17th, 2005. Would you please be so kind as to offer me a bidding stradegy?

Note: I am eligible for federal government discounts and have put a hold on the Intercontinental Barclay for $208. This is just higher than I would like to pay. Do you know of any super deals with the government discount?

Btw...what is the only 5* offered by priceline and about how much would it take to win the bid?

Thanks in advance. This site is absolutely invaluable!

DCGUY9:

The $68 hotel that Hotwire is advertising is definitely the Hyatt. I just booked and received my confirm so I am sure. One way I knew for sure is that is advertises the pool and I believe the Hyatt is the only one with a pool. Also, thereuare had said that it was the Hyatt - she/he probably knew just based on pricing trends. It looks like a really nice hotel so although I am disapointed I didn't get the $48/ night on Priceline I'm pretty happy. And yes, I think the Doubletree and Marriott are 3.5* as well...

JDMSS: thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. I'm thinking a cab may be best for me as I am not exactly sure where my appointment is and don't want to be wandering the streets aimlessly looking for the address! :)

I have a very high degree of confidence that the 3.5* that you are seeing (although you didn't supply your dates or amenties, so i don't know exactly what you're seeing) is the Hyatt. If you supply this information we'll take a closer look.

However, you can never be 100% certain until after your purchase as there could always be new hotels added and/or hotel with the same exact amenities and star rating.

If you move forward before replying, please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dear thereuare,

I am looking to book a NY hotel for 2 nights on May 15-17th. I would like to go book on priceline. I would bid as high as $150 (before taxes) and stay at ME, MW, UMCP, or UE.

I bid $99 for these areas yesterday and was rejected. Do you have any bidding advice for me?

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding 4* in NYC you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

This is how i would proceed:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $125, if rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and...

Bid $120, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $125, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $140.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there Thereuare,

Okay. I got a little bit impatient and excited. Priceline let me bid up for a 4* several times within 24 hours. I didn't quite understand that but I was happy. Anyway, I bid up to $160, 4*, and was rejected.

So, I bid $125 for a 3* in ME, MW, UE, UM and was promptly rejected. 30 minutes later I bid $130 for 3* same areas and got it; the Park Central Hotel. I know that the location is amazing, but the reviews of the quality are mixed. Do you have any first hand knowledge of this hotel?

Thank you so much for your post.

We will never know... but i think it was definately too early to lower your star rating this far ahead of your trip.

Your trip was 3 months away... why the big rush? Next time post back with your <lack of results> and we can then update/advise according to the new information.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

About 2 weeks ago, I got the Park Central Hotel (3*) at $130 through priceline. I had tried up to $160 for a 4* and was rejected many times. Through their website, you can get a room there for $139 the first night and $159 the second night. Just thought I would let everyone know. Next time I will be more patient in my bidding though.

Has anyone stayed at the Park Central? Reviews on tripadvisor are so mixed. Any first hand experiences??

Thanks moderators!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]