Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial) Club Quarters Wall Street

swirly
By swirly,
in

Hi

I will be visiting NYC for 2 nights on April 23, and I am looking for one room for 2 people, I am hoping to snag one for less than $100. I will travelling by

subway most of the time so I would prefer if the hotel was close to a subway and hopefully not too far from attractions (times square, etc). I am not too picky

on the hotel as long as its clean and its in a safe area.

What areas should I bid? What rating?

I have heard others recommend NJ hoboken and Soho seems to cheaper hotels, are they too far from attractions?

This will be my first time staying there.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We generally recommend sticking with 3* and higher rated hotels in NYC. While there may be some 2.5* (and lesser) hotels which would be acceptable to you, there may be others which are not, and with PRICELINE you don't get to choose which type you will get :)

CPS, Chlesea, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW, and TS generally all work well for the average user. Note that at the star level you'll be bidding there are some hotels (most notably in the MTE zone) which are about a 15 minute walk to the subway... would this be acceptable to you? Downtown is less convenient than the other zones listed, but for the right price is 'do-able', so you'll need to decide if you want to include this zone now in hopes of a lower price than the other zones, or only add it if you're rejected up to your maximum bid in the other zones.

Hoboken/Jersey City waterfront is usually cheaper than Manhattan, but you do lose a lot of the 'vibe' and 'feel' of the city, so given it's your first time to the city, i'd try to stick with staying directly in Manhattan for the time being.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and which zone(s) and star level you're willing to accept... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

Considering that I will be staying only 2 nights I want to get the most out of NYC. I dont think I will be spending that much time in the hotel, that is why I noted that the star rating is not a major concern, the price is. I wanted to cap it at $100 max bid if possible, since with the fees and taxes it can add an extra $50. I do prefer to stay in the city and get the city vibe too. I mentioned to stay outside of the city to save money and use that money to be spent on attractions, etc.

A 15 min walk to the subway can be a bit much, I guess I expected NYC core to have subway stations within a few mins. But I guess if the area has lots to see a 15 min walk is not so bad, I mean I can't have it all. The main thing is that I don't want to spend too much time traveling. The perfect scenario would be to have a bus stop (frequent) or subway outside of the hotel. If not then whatever is closest.

I will also be arriving and departing from Penn Station.

Some of the places I will be going to:

-Staten island ferry

-Top of the Rock

-Empire State

-Going to broadway show in cort theatre

-Wax museum

-Chinatown

-times square

-brooklyn

-central park

Most midtown hotels are near subway stations and/or bus stops, but as you can't choose the exact location within a zone your hotel will be, there are some hotels near the outer edges of the zone(s) which can be a little bit of a walk to the subway. Did you want to include these zones where the walk could possibly be 15 minutes?

Do you want to stick with your minimum 2.5* rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Downtown is not the most convenient area, but some of the things you have planned are in that direction (ferry, chinatown) so i included it as i think, given your budget, that is the most likely chance of success for this stay. If you don't want to include Downtown let us know and we'll revise the following accordingly.

Please start all bids with the PRICELINE on the board..

Select 2.5* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB....

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* MSG, MTW, TS....

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* MSG, Chelsea, DT, ESB....

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* CPS, MTW, TS....

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* CPS, MTW, DT, ESB....

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* MSG, Chelsea, TS....

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* CPS, Chelsea, TS, ESB....

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* MSG, MTW, DT....

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, MSG....

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, MTW....

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, TS....

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* MSG, MTW, CPS, Chelsea, DT...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* MSG, TS, CPS, Chelsea, ESB...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, MSG, MTW....

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, MSG, TS....

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* MTW, TS, CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* MTW, TS, CPS, Chelsea, DT, MSG...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2.5* MTW, TS, CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, MSG

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were success and are happy with the results. Sounds like this will work for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

Arg! I missed this, not to worry, I'm going to NYC again, the hotel location was excellent as it was right next to the subway. The only thing was that it was closed on saturday and sunday for some work. The hotel was good sized, I did not feel crammed at all. I love the free water bottle dispenser and I took advantage of the closet for extra pillows. Unlimited champagne!!! here I come!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]