Priceline Hotel: 3* Inland Empire (Ontario) Hilton Garden Inn

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

I won the HGI a couple weeks ago and was pleased to win it again.

$31/2.5* --> $8 counteroffer

$32/2.5* --> reject

$34/2.5* --> $9 counteroffer

$35/2.5* --> upgrade to 3*

Hilton Garden Inn

11481 Mission Vista Drive

Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Although I like the 3* hotels in Ontario I bid 2.5* first because the known 2.5* all seem okay to me too and I think bidding 2.5* probably improves my odds of winning a hotel with free parking and internet. Only the 3.5* charge for parking and internet in Ontario and lately some 3* bids have been getting upgraded.

Bids placed through the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

Unfortunately there aren't any rebid zones for 3* or 2.5* in Inland Empire.

When I bid $30's in Ontario I use Corona-Riverside West as if it was a rebid zone even though it really isn't. Bid history from Corona-RW is skimpy but the lowest bid I've seen accepted there is $40. I know I'm taking a chance and I could end up with a hotel in Corona but that's allright with me if it happens. So far it hasn't.

I don't feel as secure about using San Bernardino or Pomona as "pseudo" rebid zones, so I don't.

Priceline has another cluster of rarely bid Inland Empire cities that includes Redlands (2.5* max), Beaumont (2*), Banning (2*) and Perris (2*). I wish Priceline would merge the two Inland Empire clusters into one screen. Then we'd have a bunch of bonafide risk free rebid zones for Ontario.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]