Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Earls Court-Knightsbridge) Nh Harrington Hall

Experimentee
By Experimentee,
in

I'm looking for a London 4* hotel for 3 nights from 18 September to 21 September.

I don't really have a preference for any area and will be happy with the following areas:

Bloomsbury/Marble Arch, Mayfair/Soho, Westminister, Notting Hill/Bayswater, Kensington/Earls Court/Knightsbridge

I first bid $80 for all of the above zones which was rejected, and it said there might be something if I bid $22 more.

A couple of days later I bid $82-83 and did one zone at a time, but still no luck. I got a counter offer of about $117 a night in Bloomsbury/Marble Arch, which I didn't accept.

I would like to get something for $90 or less.

Any help is appreciated.

I'd guess it is going to take the top of your budget. I looked in the Calendar of Wins above and the only thing close to your dates was an $89. And the dollar keeps weakening against the pound. Those Brit rates are based on British Pounds so the conversion to dollars hurts when the dollar is weak.

You do realize you can increase your bid as you add zones? So you could bid something like $82, 84, 86, 88 and 90 all in one session. If you do this, start with Kensington which tends to be the least expensive, and then probably add in Bloomsbury.

Don't get in a hurry though. You have a month and a half yet. Sometimes hotels don't give rooms to Priceline until later. If you get down to a couple weeks (or whatever point makes you really nervous), then that will be the time to see if you want to push your budget or look at 3*s. (Some people get nervous many months out, and some have nerves of steel and can comfortably bid even the last day.)

You might look at the airport hotels for first or last night if you have a really late arrival or early departure? Besides, the airport hotels are typically less expensive. But do read the reviews on them first. There are varying opinions on this tactic.

Romelle

Thanks for your help.

Maybe I would be better off bidding on the UK Priceline site? I am in Australia so technically I'm not allowed to use the US site anyway.

I am not in a big hurry as I already have a cheap hotel reserved for those dates which I can easily cancel. However I do like to have things finalised in advance, so I think I will start to get nervous 2 weeks in advance.

I was prepared to stick it out and only bid up to $85 for the next few weeks and up my bid to $90 later, but I got lucky tonight and won:

NH Harrington Hall $85

Started with Notting Hill/Bayswater at $80 - rejected

Added Bloomsbury/Marble Arch at $81 - rejected

Added Westminister at $82 - rejected

Added Kensington at $83 - rejected

Added Mayfair/Soho at - $85 - won NH Harrington Hall

I used the PRICELINE link at the top of the page of course.

I have had a look at the hotel and am very pleased! I tried to add another night but they offered me the extra night at $135, which is over my budget. Maybe I will try again later and the extra night price might come down.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]