Priceline Hotel: 3* Baltimore (Inner Harbor-Downtown) Courtyard

garlan5
By garlan5,
in

check in Sept 19 (sat.) and check out Sept 21st (mon).

First bid was 4* only Downtown inner harbor Area. We are going there for a game at Camden Yards.. so i want something within walking distance if possible.. this area fits the bill. I see everyone getting the Hyatt Regency for around $65 a night and on the weekend. So a 4* under $75 a night would be great. In the $60's would be even better. Any help would be appreciated. I'm kinda afraid to bid again by using other areas even though i don't see any 4*'s in one or two other locations.. I'd hate for my bid to be accepted there... yet my lack of patience wants to rebid asap! thanks in advance

I think that the answer is that the saturday night's best rack rate is $271 and Sunday is $240. So you have to crack the Saturday to get Sunday.

Have you looked at HOTWIRE for your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

i haven't yet. but i am going to hotwire now. Also by "rack rate" do you mean what the hotels are charging by conventional means..

another question... i now seem locked in (for bidding today) on my 3 areas chosen. i may try to bid (if possible) on sat and sun separate. is that possible?

i haven't yet. but i am going to hotwire now. Also by "rack rate" do you mean what the hotels are charging by conventional means..

another question... i now seem locked in (for bidding today) on my 3 areas chosen. i may try to bid (if possible) on sat and sun separate. is that possible?

disregard that question.. after rethinking that we'd have nowhere to put our bags Sunday if we got a different hotel. the Sun game is at 1:30

Yes, but i only checked Hyatt to get a quick status for the rates since you talked about that. There are several other 4* hotels that can be cheaper.

Yellowdog.

okay thanks. um I'll try a 3.5* to see if i can nab something in the range.... i'm going to go $70 and see what happens.

won bid for 3* a Courtyard by Marriott downtown at $100/night for two nights. Saved $50/night. Overall happy to have saved but disappointed just a touch cause others are winning 4* for less than that.. But this is my first successful bid and some savings is better than none.

Update:

how much does the fact its a Redsox/Orioles game going on..

this will increase occupancy levels and reduce the supply that hotels offer to opaque sites such as HOTWIRE and PRICELINE, so rates will go up.

wow. 3.5* at $100.. even when everyone else is getting 4* for $65-75.
won bid for 3* a Courtyard by Marriott downtown at $100/night for two nights. Saved $50/night. Overall happy to have saved but disappointed just a touch cause others are winning 4* for less than that.. But this is my first successful bid and some savings is better than none.

given the circumstances, this is a great win.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]