Priceline Hotel: 4* Sydney 9/5-9/7

Rochester Rich
By Rochester Rich,
in

I have some time yet. Hoping for about $60. We'll see.

You won't get a 4* for that price. FYI the winning price for the 4* Sydney Marriott has been $76. If you bid $70, you'll likely get a +$22 counter offer, but you don't have to bid that rate. $76 will get it accepted. $75 won't. BTW, using something other than PRICELINE, the same hotel is going for $170 US/nt.

FYI, I just went through this for dates in mid-October. Another person I know went through it for dates in July. He got the +22 counter-offer at $70, and won with $78. Because I had more time, I bid $61 and $66 and got nothing. Then bid $70, & got the +22 counter. The next day, I bid $71, got the +22 counter. Next day, bid $73, got the +22 counter. Next day, bid $75, got the plus $22 counter. Next day, bid $76 - ACCEPTED!

So $76 is probably the price. If that's beyond your budget, you need to go 3*.

You won't get a 4* for that price. FYI the winning price for the 4* Sydney Marriott has been $76. If you bid $70, you'll likely get a +$22 counter offer, but you don't have to bid that rate. $76 will get it accepted. $75 won't. BTW, using something other than PRICELINE, the same hotel is going for $170 US/nt.

FYI, I just went through this for dates in mid-October. Another person I know went through it for dates in July. He got the +22 counter-offer at $70, and won with $78. Because I had more time, I bid $61 and $66 and got nothing. Then bid $70, & got the +22 counter. The next day, I bid $71, got the +22 counter. Next day, bid $73, got the +22 counter. Next day, bid $75, got the plus $22 counter. Next day, bid $76 - ACCEPTED!

So $76 is probably the price. If that's beyond your budget, you need to go 3*.

Thanks for the notes. I'll probably end up exactly as described. I'll post status along the way.

OK, I'm just about at the $70 rate and figure I can get the Sydney Marriott at $76+ / night. I now also have an option to stay at any of several Novotel offerings in the area at about the same price. I've had mixed results with Novotel from very nice but not cheap at the BKK airport to average but value priced in Hong Kong. Any thoughts?

While brands try to give you a feel for what to expect, experiences are usually hotel specific (and can vary at the same hotel from one day to the next as well as one guest to the next), but i'd read the TA reviews and see which are more consistent, as well as which works best location-wise for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bailed on Priceline just before bidding at the $70 level. First there was the Novotel special and then the last -- minute australia site that allowed me to get the Holiday Inn at Potts Point for US$85 (AUD $105) all in for 2 nights.

Hotel description:

"Secret Hotels Deal: 4* Hotel in Sydney ~ 1 stop to the city !

Overview

Sydney,NSW.

Right amongst action and entertainment, this hotel is close enough to the city if you feel like a nice walk but only 1 train stop away to the CBD."

Thanks though for the info on this site. I used the convenient link to PRICELINE at the top of this page for those earlier bids. I still have to Priceline a 1 night room at SFO. I'll start a new thread when I get started.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]