Priceline Hotel: Help for Paris on 16 June

debd2
By debd2,
in

Hello - and thanks for all the help. I am trying to get a hotel room for one night in Paris on Tuesday 16 June. I have read other posts and know it may be a problem due to the airshow.

I was hoping for the St G/LQ Marriott Rive Gauche with all the other successful wins

The followings is what I've tried so far.

Using the PRICELINE line link on this website:

ST/LQ/M - 115

add CE / OQW rebid 125

then It went directly to a page that said sorry we can't find a hotel for you but try these other Priceline hotels - transparent listings.

I expected to be offered another rebid. Am I doing something wrong?

So then I closed the browser when back in add bid on St/LQ/M along with B/M/R(no 4stars) - again it gave me the page sorry we can't find you a hotel try these 'transparent' ones.

Besides that - if you have any other advise on best way to get a hotel for this one night.

I would like to stick with ST/LQ/M or CE/OQW or OQE or I can try Eiffel Tower but I'm worried about the Pullman - don't want that one. I'm prepared to go as high as $150 maybe $160.

thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You're not doing anything "wrong"... sometimes when you bid and are rejected, PRICELINE will direct you to the retail section of their site. The thought behind this is that they know you're looking for a hotel room, your bid was rejected, so why not direct you to some listings that are avaialble for purchase... cross marketing :)

Have you looked at the current rate at the Marriott website... it's sold-out which would imply it may be difficult to win a room here via PRICELINE at any price. The other 'known' 4* hotel in this zone, the Le Meridien, is nearly $400/nite, so things will likely be difficult there as well.

Do you have a back-up reservation/plan anyplace?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help. It must be this one day as I see a win just came in that included monday before.... Seeing that I rebid in all the areas to include Eiffel. But no luck. Decided to try up to $200 but still didn't do it.

I have a back up hotel - at $140, but much rather stay nice 4 star. :-) I'll try the same bids over the weekend to see if any cancellations open anything up. But if not I'll go with my other hotel.

It was a last minute trip - free tickets to the air show may end up costing me!

thanks again for all the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]