Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Meadowlands-Rutherford) Courtyard Lyndhurst

bobfrombob
By bobfrombob,
in

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

I wouldn't recommend walking to Izod Center from this property. The majority of the roadway is highway and i'm not sure if there would be a safe place to walk for the entire trip, and it would be more than a 'moderate' walk on length. There might be a bus stop near the hotel where the bus will take you a bit closer to the arena where you coudl then walk, but assuming the event lets out at nite, probably not worth the walk to the bus stop and then waiting for the bus... a taxi shouldn't be more than $10-$12 or so (i would think, not really familiar with the fares in this area, although i do know the distance and it's not 'that far')

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

NJ Transit offers free bus service to and from Secaucus Junction Train station for events at the Izod Center, but you really can't walk from the Courtyard along Rt. 3. I would contact the hotel and ask for advice, can you please follow up with their response?

• 2 months later...

Sorry I didn't reply to this.....

The hotel does have a shuttle but it wasn't running to Izod that day. I asked them if I would die walking there and they said that I probably would. They weren't very helpful at all - just suggested getting a cab.

In addition, they wouldn't make a change to a room with two beds even though they still had that configuration available when I phoned and requested it, and even when I checked in. They told me that people might still show up who wanted two beds. And they didn't have any cots. So I was disappointed in this property.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]