Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial) Embassy Suites

lauraw78
By lauraw78,
in

I don't see the midtown east propery, there are 2 adults and 1 child travelling, thats probably why.

I have just received an email off crowne plaza, they don't have microwaves, (I need a microwave to sterilize bottles) and they charge $30 for a fridge, so I may just go with the Murray Hill east suites which have all of that already without extra fees, plus, I don't want to be bang in the middle of the chaos that is Times square with a 6 month old everyday =)

I woudl sooner go wtih a higher rated hotel than the Murray Hill Suites, although it does give you a kitchen which is handy with an infant. I've had success going to the hotel restaurant (during a slow time of day) and asking them help out with whatever i needed (cup of milk, sterilizing bottles, etc) and i tip them a few bucks for helping out. :)

It's up to you what type of hotels you like, but given this is an extended stay, i would try the restaurant option and if that fails, a cheap microwave can be bought at Kmart, Target, etc for $50 or so... even at $100 you're look at just $15/nite additional cost (for the disposable microwave) in order to be able to upgrade your accomodations vs. the Murray Hill Suites.

My .02

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Downtown zone i suspect?

Can you please add the details of your purchase to this thread so we can add this information to the topic title (some i got from your other thread):

star rating

city

zones

hotel name

price per nite

dates

amenities shown before your purchase

You can still view all the above by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

star rating:4

city:New York

zones:Downtown Soho

hotel name:Embassy Suites

price per nite:$179 (I got it for $103 due to the cancellation of Doubletree Chelsea hotel)

dates:26th May - 2nd June

amenities shown before your purchase:Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities ,High-speed Internet Access

That is a teriffic rate for a nice property with true two room suites and full cooked to order breakfast. Nice to see that you received an even better deal, but it seems that HOTWIRE has been inconsistant with how they treat guests that have been "walked" from the Doubletree Chelsea.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]