Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Somerset-Brunswick (Clark-Westfield) Crowne Plaza

Jax4
By Jax4,
in

Third attempt. $60, 63, 66. A tad higher than expected; however, still a good value.

Crowne Plaza Clark

Clark - Westfield

36 Valley Road

Clark, New Jersey 07066

732-574-0100

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $66.00

Subtotal: $132.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $28.70

Total Charges*: $160.70

PRICELINE link used.

A tad higher than expected; however, still a good value

I agree, it seems that this property does not have much competition at the 3* level in this zone, hence they seem to require a higher minimum bid than hotels in adjacent zones such as Edison and Newark Airport.

I agree, it seems that this property does not have much competition at the 3* level in this zone, hence they seem to require a higher minimum bid than hotels in adjacent zones such as Edison and Newark Airport.

Thanks for your comments. Any suggestions for adjacent zones for comparable 3* properties? I'd like to avoid the south end of the Edison zone for location's sake. No charge for parking and internet is a plus at Crowne Plaza; I figured there would likely be both at the airport.

I'd like to avoid the south end of the Edison zone for location's sake. No charge for parking and internet is a plus at Crowne Plaza; I figured there would likely be both at the airport.

that's the main reason I have not bid in the Newark zone in awhile, I could get a great deal at the Renaissance or Hilton, but parking and HS internet could easily add $25. I prefer the Elizabeth zone at the 2.5* level or higher, getting the Country Inn and Suites is one of my favorites....free parking, internet and breakfast. :) The 3* Courtyard sometimes comes up and parking and internet are free.

if you bid in the Edison-Woodbridge zone at the 3* level, the Sheraton in the Raritan Center is won frequently and just completed a refurbishing a few months ago. The Courtyard in Woodbridge has also been reported in this zone.

The Elizabeth hotels are also a little newer and in a bit somewhat more quiet location since it's not located on the highway. As well, whereas the only food options within walking distance of the EWR hotels are at other hotel restaurants (ie- still expensive), if you get a hotel close to the mall the food court (and restaurants) there become an option as well (although i dont' believe all hotels are an easy walk from the mall, and i'd be careful walking the area too late at nite... not that it's unsafe, but it seems to me that it would be fairly desolate at nite after the mall closes. Lastly, if you do have a car and are lookign for a cheap meal, the cafeteira at Ikea is an option, i've never eaten there so i can't comment (but i hear their swedish meatballs are pretty good :) ), but the 'plus' for me is that they have a wall of windows in the cafeteria which overlooks the EWR runways, so you can watch the planes take-off and land (which i'm still facinated by)

Also, when in the EWR or Elizabeth zone, the board admin may even meet you for a drink :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

there is the Jersey Gardens Diner next to the Country Inn and Suites as well as a Ruby Tuesday chain restaurant with a bar. In the food court at the Jersey Gardens are a few other options.

EDIT: The Jersey Gardens Diner is now closed

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]