Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Redondo-Manhattan Beaches) Crowne Plaza

3cs
By 3cs,
in

Los Angeles (Redondo / Manhattan Beach) Residence Inn

May 21 - May 23, 2009

I selected 3.5 star and 3 star for Redondo/Manhattan Beaches and inputted $43 because I didn't want Crown Plaza, which had the lowest winning rate of $45 for April 2009. I decided to stay below $45, but it didn't work. The lowest winning rate for both Crown Plaza RB and Residence Inn MB are both $45 so mostly likely I will get Crown Plaza?

Any thoughts of how I could win Residence Inn Manhattan Beach, 3 star over Crown Plaza Redondo Beach, 3.5 star? Thanks in advance!

...both $45 so mostly likely I will get Crown Plaza?

Given both have been won at the same price, I'm not sure why you suspect the Crowne Plaza over the Residence Inn? As well, you may ulitmately get the Crowne Plaza, but it's a big leap of faith to assume that rates for which somebody else won a room on dates that are different than your own will necessarily be available for your own stay.

At the 3* level you actually have TWO ONE re-bid zones, and i'd suggest confirming both of them with the board so that you can determine a full bidding strategy which includes both of your re-bid zones, rather than try, fail, work out a new plan, try again, fail, work out a new plan, etc, etc. (but yes, as the moment, Lawndale is one of them)

You can learn about re-bidding here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Also, let us know the above adn we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I selected 3.5 star and 3 star for Redondo/Manhattan Beaches and inputted $43 because I didn't want Crown Plaza

You only select one quality level to bid, 3cs. You can select 3.5* or 3* but not both.

If you're trying to avoid the Crown Plaza's parking charge and are you're willing to stay someplace besides the Residence Inn you can also bid for a 2.5*. There are four reported 2.5* in this zone, all with free parking, and, based on the 2.5* brand names, I think free breakfast.

Since $43 was rejected for 3* you could try, for example, $40 for 2.5*; then add your free rebid, Lawndale, at $43. (thereuare sees two free rebid zones but I'm still only finding one: Lawndale.)

If you try the 2.5* route please use this PRICELINE link.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]