Priceline Hotel: Hotel Question for Covington KY area

tylerwku
By tylerwku,
in

Hi I am trying to increase my odds of getting the Radisson in Covington KY (Downtown Cincinnati area). This is my first time using priceline, so I want to make sure I do everything right. It looks like it is the only downtown Cincinnati hotel that has three stars, so does that mean that as long as I bid on a category three in the downtown Cincinnati area I will get the Radisson? I wasn't for sure how accurate the betterbidding.com hotel listings were for each state. Can they upgrade me to a 3 and 1/2 or a 4 star hotel if I click 3 star hotels only. I want this specific hotel because this is were the the wedding party I am with is staying, but they are paying more then I can afford to stay there! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing.... In light of the above, you MAY get a hotel that is NOT on this list, or get a hotel on this list but at a star level you didn't expect (if the star rating has changed).

In addition to the above, the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, and PRICELINE will alway stry to upgrade you to a higher star class if there is a higher rated hotel willing to accept your bid amount.

Therefore, "no" you can't be assured that you'll get the Radisson if your 3* bid is accepted and "yes" you could be upgraded to a higher rated hotel.

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to target a specific property in the zone... usually if you're trying to target a specific property HOTWIRE can be a better option as you're often able to identify, or take an educated guess, as to what you may likely receive before your purchase based upon the amenities HOTWIRE associates with the property being offered.

What are the date(s) of your stay? What is your maximum budget? If PRICELINE or HOTWIRE don't come thru for you, what is your gameplan/options?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]