Priceline Hotel: 2* Waco Travelodge

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

For several days I had increasing bids of $80, $90, and $95 for a 3 star hotel and would lower the star rating to 2 1/2 stars at the same prices. I was rejected each time. I had gotten the 2 star Clarion on previous occasions for about $50, but this is Baylor graduation weekend, so I knew that the rates were going to be higher.

Today, after my $95 bid was rejected at both the 3 star and 2 1/2 star level, I decreased my bid to $70 and lowered my star rating to 2. My bid was accepted. What is troubling is when I checked Travelodge directly, they had a room rate for my three nights of $230.35, including taxes, which is lower than my Priceline "win" of $248.09.

This is the first time that I have been greatly disappointed in a Priceline "win."

Thank you for posting your win (as well for using the site's PRICELINE link.)

Sorry to hear that the PRICELINE win was a disappointment, but I would strongly suggest bringing this to the attention of Priceline immediately and seeing if you can get a refund of the difference between the Travelodge rate and the Priceline rate you paid. If you decide to contact Priceline (and I would do so ASAP), let us know how it goes.

When looking at Priceline's Low Price Guarantee, I got the impression that I would get a refund only if the hotel-quoted rate was lower than the Priceline price BEFORE Priceline's fees were added. Before the fees were added, the prices were about the same, so I figured I was out of luck. Nevertheless, I emailed Priceline, stating that I figured I was not entitled to any refund but still wanted to express my dissatisfaction with the transaction. I was a little surprised when I got email a couple of hours later, telling me to call a customer service number. When I did, the agent ended up giving me a refund of $26. I am still disappointed in the deal (especially since my son, who is attending Baylor, tells me that the hotel is not in a very nice area of Waco), but things like this happen on occasion with Priceline.

I have been a reader of your board for several years but in the past have forgotten to use your PRICELINE link. I remembered this time! I also recently made car reservations in Ft. Lauderdale using PRICELINE and your link.

There is a $189 (before taxes and fees) rate on their own website, which i assume may have been even $5 less at one point, which would account for the $26 refund... i don't think they included taxes and fees in their calculation, but instread it is teh differen between the $210 you paid and the $184 that was listed on their website.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links for your purchase, hope your stay goes better than you expect.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am still disappointed in the deal (especially since my son, who is attending Baylor, tells me that the hotel is not in a very nice area of Waco), but things like this happen on occasion with Priceline.

I am happy to tell you your son is wrong. That is not a bad part of town. There is a nightclub across the highway that sometimes has some problems, but they should not spill over to the hotel area. This hotel is in a MUCH better part of town than anything close to the Baylor campus. It is also one of the newer hotels in town. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]