Hotwire Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort Hotel

mcmackinlaura
By mcmackinlaura,
in

Hi,

Would you be able to id this hotel?

Searched for 2 adults, arriving March 8th and departing the 11th.

A 4.5* hotel in the Hollywood Beach came up for $157 a night.

Amenities: Resort, Boutique, Pool, restaurants, fitness center, high speed internet access, golf nearby, tennis nearby.

Thanks for your help!

I received the same offer yesterday for 2/27/08 and accepted the offer. It was the Diplomat Country Club and Spa. A wonderful win as the room retails on the cheapest site for $359 plus tax. I am very impressed with my first use of HOTWIRE. :)

Debbie H,

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add the details of your purchase to the board as a NEW TOPIC. This will enable it to have its own thread so others will be aware of the win when scanning the topic titles, as well as enable it to appear in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. You can still view all of the details of your purchase (including amenities, price, star rating, dates, etc) by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi I can't decide between these two hotels, both in Fort Lauderdale area (Hollywood Beach Area). Should I spend the extra money for that half star!?

I am searching for March 8-10th (3 nights) for 2 adults (1 room).

Option one is a 4.5* for $198. Amenities: Resort, Boutique, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, High-speed internet access, golf nearby, tennis nearby, spa services.

Option two is a 4* hotel for $157. Amenities: Resort, Near Beach, smoke free rooms, fitness center, pool restaurant, business center, laundry facilities, high-speed internet access, golf nearby.

Thanks!

Keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Boston thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 4.5* is a match for the The Diplomat Country Club and Spa while the 4* is a match for the Crowne Plaza so these would be our best guess for each.

Assuming these are correct, they both generally get good reviews which you can read HERE and HERE.

Let us know which you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The Crowne Plaza is across the street from the beach so you literally have to walk out of the hotel across the street with no sidewalk guiding you from hotel to beach like the Sheraton in Fort Lauderdale has. The Westin in Hollywood is actually ON the beach and you do not have to walk across the traffic to get to it. THe Westin is larger and more upscale. THe crowne plaza attracts a more older crowd and the Westin is more for everyone. I just now see that they are both priced for 157 for the dates of 2/15 - 2/18. If you start your search at 2/14 it does not include 4 1/2 star property resort. The one plus about the Crowne plaza is that their is a gas station right next store with a small convenience store and you can purchase soda and water and chips for regular prices. Refrigerator and microwave in room was a major plus. Just up the street after you take a right at the light (The plaza is on the corner) Is a Walmart and if you really wanted to save money you can purchase soda and water there as it is 8 dollars a bottle at the resort. The Crowne plaza has a tiny starbucks inside and sells sandwich and chips for $4 and coffee for $2-4. Coffe and tea in the room also

The pool at the Crowne Plaza is small but heated up very nicely (the only heated pool i have been in in which i actually felt the heat and thought i was in a jacuzzi) and has a jacuzzi next to it. The crowd is much smaller and everyone dresses up everyday at this hotel. except for our family. I went on Dec 19-21 of 2008. I really wished I was at the Westin and I drove by it everyday. I heard though the prices are even more outrageos than the Crowne Plaza. Parking is 13 -17 dollars a day. At the Westin parking is also expensive but if you park across the street you can park for free. The beds at the Crowne Plaza are not queen they are Full size beds but they do have the traditional crowne plaza seven layer bedding with seven pillows. came in handy to make a makeshift bed on floor for small child. because the small couch/ lounge chair you see in pictures is too small to count on if you need it for sleeping.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a resort as to whether you want the extra 1/2 star. In my opinion I'd rather not have to walk across traffic to get to the beach. but the Crowne Plaza does overlook the waterway which is a plus at night time if you like watching yachts go by and the pool is an infinity pool so like everything in life there are pluses and minuses to everything. I took pictures and plan to post them within next few days.

relaxing41

• 6 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]