Priceline Hotel: Chicago 4* (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Assistance

hockeygirl25
By hockeygirl25,
in

Some friends and I are going to Chicago for the NHL Winter Classic game at Wrigley Field!

Wanted to Priceline our rooms (2), which I've done before, but I seem to have develped a fear of rebidding.

1. I put in a bid (using the PRICELINE link) for $80 and was rejected.

2. Then I opened a Priceline page, checked ONLY the zone I was inquiring about (to see if it had the 4* option), and...now...? I thought I was supposed to proceed to the next page. Except my page has all of the bidding steps on one page (Choose where you want to stay/choose the star level for your hotel/name your own price/reservation page). I tried doing this when I was and when I wasn't logged it and it appeared the same.

Did Priceline change the setup so that I can't check zones for 4* hotels before I rebid? Is there a way to get around this page? Or am I just a moron?

Welcome to the site :)

Not sure what the issue is regarding the page coming up that way; possibly because you've already bid today? I think the issue you may be running into in terms of bidding is NYE, although that looks far less expensive this year than it has in recent years.

How many in your group? If more than 4 for the 2 rooms, you may have trouble with more than 1 bed.

Have you bid 4* for MP-Loop-GP only or both that and River North/North Michigan Ave?

I thought I was supposed to proceed to the next page. Except my page has all of the bidding steps on one page

Sounds like you're thinking of the OLD priceline layout, where you had to click back and forth to figure out the rebid zones.

Now, everything is on one page. So if you click one (AND ONLY ONE) zone at a time, the star levels will grey out on THAT page if the star level is not available in that zone. The important thing to remember is ONE ZONE AT A TIME. So make sure you uncheck one before checking the next. That way you should be able to build your own list of free rebid zones before you submit your next bid.

Ask again for assistance if you're still not sure. Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]