Hotwire Hotel: Help identify 3* near South Strip (hotwire)

XT600
By XT600,
in

3* near South Strip

Tripadvisor: 4.0 out of 5 Based on 40+ customer reviews (Last reviewed September 2008)

Fitness Center Pool(s) Restaurant(s) Business Center Golf Nearby Tennis Nearby

I tried to find it via Tripadvisor as not so many with 40+ reviews, september and 3* on Expedia (I suppose that the classification is in hotwire as in exepedia as hotwire is subsidary of Expedia?)

Thanks!!!

I would guess that this is the Doubletree Club LV Airport. It has a 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews with last one in September and matches the amenities. I was looking at other options as well, but once I looked at the zone map the Doubletree was the only one left. That would be my best guess.

Use this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

I suppose that the classification is in hotwire as in exepedia as hotwire is subsidary of Expedia?)
From your Cedar City thread (please add your dates to that thread) the Days Inn you received is rated 1.5* by Expedia... as HOTWIRE doesn't use this star rating in their quality category system, this should indicate that each service uses their own criteria and star ratings.

What are the dates of your above stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Understood, but you're making an assumption that HOTWIRE and Expedia will rate all hotels the same... i was using the Days Inn as an example. It's rated 1.5* by Expedia... a star rating that HOTWIRE doesn't use in their star categories, so this is evidence that each uses their own system and criteria and hotels need not be rated the same thru each service.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2.5-star hotel in Henderson - SE Las Vegas $55

Tripadvisor 4,5 based on 20+ customer reviews (Last reviewed August 2008)

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

could be HI Express Henderson? Sounds like good deal. cheapest rate in ICHotels: $139

what do you think?

XT600 you are right in that HOTWIRE and Expedia are owned by the same company, as well as tripadvisor, Hotels.com, and Classic Vacations. These all fall under the umbrella of Expedia Inc. However, whether they use the exact same rating system, it has been noted on the board that there have been differences. I would use them as a good guideline, but maybe not necessarily as gospel. It might be a good idea for the board/board members to investigate some of the hotels on the lists of this site and compare them to their Expedia star rating to get a better indication of how close they really are. Maybe a trend would develop.

As for your current hotel request, I'd agree with you that it looks like it's the HI Express. It's the only hotel in Henderson that matches the tripadvisor traveler review rating and has a review in August.

Use this HOTWIRE to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]