Priceline Hotel: 2* Oakland-Eastbay (Berkeley-Emeryville) Extended StayAmerica

lwtan
By lwtan,
in

9/30 - 10/2

Got it on first try.

Tried bidding 2 1/2** at $55 but countered offer at $67.

Cant wait any longer. I spent too much time bidding in USE, USW and Berkeley and went ahead and bid 2** in Berkeley, CA.

I have mixed feeling about this. Could someone tell me more about this hotel?

Thanks,

lwt

I stayed there one night a couple years ago and I thought it was bad, even for an Extended Stay America. It's the only ESA I've stayed at that had a uniformed guard in the lobby during daylight. And there were a number of rocking back and forth while muttering to themselves type people there, staying on the monthly plan I think.

If PRICELINE will give you an opportunity to rebid for a $25 fee (sometimes they do; sometimes they don't) it might be worth paying. Maybe claim that the hotel should be rated 1*, not 2*. Before you call look on TripAdvisor for evidence to support your claim.

There's a 2* La Quinta in Berkeley that I wouldn't mind staying at but I won't bid 2* in Berkeley-Emeryville zone anymore because of this ESA.

Thanks!!

For anyone else following along, please use the following technique to bookmark out links (we will not get credit if you simply click the link and bookmark the ensuing page):

1) RIGHT mouse click on our PRICELINE link

2) select 'save to favorites' or 'bookmark this link' from the pop-up menu that appears

3) repeat for HOTWIRE

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]