Priceline Hotel: Hotels in Blacksburg/Christiansburg?

theres126
By theres126,
in

Trying to get a room for two nights, and the hotels there seem a little seedy for the most part. Problem is, they are EXPENSIVE seedy hotels!

Thought I'd try priceline, since I had good results lately, but don't see any hotels listed. The closest they have is a 2 1/2 star, but I'm not sure what that means in Blacksburg or Christiansburg.

Thanks

Trying to get a room for two nights, and the hotels there seem a little seedy for the most part. Problem is, they are EXPENSIVE seedy hotels!

Thought I'd try priceline or hotwire, since I had good results lately, but don't see any hotels listed. The closest they have is a 2 1/2 star, but I'm not sure what that means in Blacksburg or Christiansburg.

Roanoke is a bit farther away than I really want, but I might resort to it if I have to.......

Thanks

Thought I'd try priceline or hotwire, since I had good results lately, but don't see any hotels listed. The closest they have is a 2 1/2 star, but I'm not sure what that means in Blacksburg or Christiansburg.

I bid $50 for the 2 1/2 star, but was turned down. I'm kind of afraid to go to the 2*, since on the list of hotels on priceline (going the regular route), they had a Knights Inn listed (which had terrible reviews)!! All the other 2*'s on the regular list looked fine, but I'm worried about getting that Knights Inn. (seems it should be a one star, since it came up cheaper than the one star they had listed)

Thanks

In other words.......

The Priceline "regular" site, where you can search for hotels and pay what they offer has a Knights Inn under the two star category. It seems like it's in the wrong place, since it's a motor inn, and goes for only $50, while the next lowest 2* is $99. The one star is even more than the Knights Inn, at $60.

I'm afraid to bid on a 2*, though I read someone just got the Fairfield in for $50 in the same town. I would hate to get the Knights Inn - it had terrible reviews!

So, my question is whether their star category on their main listing is the same as what you'd get when bidding. And, if this one could be a mistake.

By the way - the area is Christiansburg and Blacksburg, VA

Thanks!

The zone is Christiansburg/Blacksburg.

I've been trying for the 2 1/2 star, but have been rejected so far. I'm just really hesitant about that Knights Inn! (most of the reviews I read said that you are better off sleeping in your car!) I don't know why it's a 2*

Thanks!

If there is a 'known' hotel in the zone then i wouldn't bid that zone... or only bid a high enough star rating to ensure not receiving that property.

... or you HOTWIRE if you had a way of ensuring that you wouldn't receive that property (ie- a pool icon shown and you know the hotel doesn't offer a pool, etc, etc)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]