Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Airport SEA) Hilton Airport

gr8aunt
By gr8aunt,
in

My best guess is the Garden Suites in Des Moines. It's the only hotel I could find in this zone with both a pool and complementary breakfast. Also, a couple of the reviewers of this hotel on Tripadvisor mention that they purchased the hotel through Hotwire. I would recommend that you avoid 2* hotels on HOTWIRE; the savings usually aren't sufficient to justify giving up the ability to know what you're getting before you buy and the right to cancel the reservation. And if I'm right in this case, you definitely want to stay away from this hotel, judging from the reviews I've seen.

If you're looking for something inexpensive I don't think bidding 2* in the Sea-Tac zone on Priceline is a bad option. I definitely wouldn't bid 1* in Sea-Tac though.

There are NO Extended Stay America properties in PRICELINE's Sea-Tac zone, which is a good start. (There are FIVE of them in the Renton-Kent zone! :) )

The Days Inn is the most likely outcome on a 2* bid. It's very very plain, not a hotel you can love, but I've stayed there a few times have found it clean, quiet, and secure. Not a bad deal if you can get it for $38 or $40, with free parking and breakfast....better than an Extended Stay America, imo. If one of the other 2* hotels in Sea-Tac zone comes up (La Quinta, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn)...better yet!

For just a few dollars more than 2* you can usually get a 3* at Sea-Tac, but some of those have substantial parking charges and no breakfast.

If you won't have a car though, so parking charges aren't an issue, then I'd bid for the 3* on PRICELINE rather than 2*.

Thank you, Colfax. I was considering bidding on PRICELINE for a 2.5* but tried for a 3* and just won the Airport Hilton for 7/26 for $59...yay! Used this website's PRICELINE link and started at $54...Priceline suggested I raise my bid $15...no way. Went to $55/$56/$57 and my last bid opportunity for today for a 3* was accepted at $59. Kudos to all of you at Betterbidding for your great tips and suggestions...you folks are the best!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]