Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Residence Inn

Thrrobyn
By Thrrobyn,
in

Hi everybody!

I'm going to be in Los Angeles for one night on Friday July 4. I would prefer to stay near the airport and $100 would be the most I'd like to spend (Less preferably!). Im new to this bidding thing and would appreciate any help you can throw my way!

Thanks!

Robyn :)

Welcoem to BetterBidding!

What star rating would you like to try for? I don't think i see any issue with your budget, so the question is really if you'd prefer a 4* hotel or paying less for a lesser rated property?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like either a 3* or 4* hotel preferably

As noted above, i don't think this is going to be an issue... but to advise appropriately, we need to know if you're willing to pay more for a 4* hotel vs. a 3* hotel or if the least expensive of the two is what you're ideally seeking. In other words, if given the choice, would you say prefer a 4* hotel for $65/nite or a 3* hotel for $50/nite?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3* level you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* LAX...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks so much for responding so quickly!

I dont want to be a pain, but after looking at the map, I think I'd like to stay closer to Hollywood. Im willing to drop down to a 2.5* for the cheapest rate, even if its not $50.

I wouldnt mind a 3* hotel but really, getting the cheapest rate is whats most important to me.

Thanks again!

Hollywood is a MUCH more expensive zone than LAX zone. A 4* hotel in LAX zone typically costs less than a 2.5* hotel in Hollywood. And the 2.5* in Hollywood might not be such a great hotel---a Ramada or Best Western maybe.

I'm not trying to discourage you from bidding in Hollywood if that's what you want. Just trying to help you understand that you'll pay more there and get less. We can offer a strategy for 3* in Hollywood if you want, but it could take $75-100, or more, and parking will be extra.

A really great value, if you can get it for your dates, is the 2.5* Residence Inn in Beverly Hills. Much better than some of the 2.5* hotels that might come up in Hollywood. Is that an option for you?

At the 2.5* level you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 2.5* Beverly Hills...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

(you could bid $60 for your second bid, but i went up $10 instead since this is a one nite stay and with not many re-bid zones and just a week to go trying 'ramp it up' a little quicker... if you don't feel you're in a hurry to get this booked you could try $60 as your second bid, but the chances increase as you get to $65 and higher)

Any questions feel free to ask.

I tried bidding tonight first in Beverly Hills, 2.5* at $55.00 - declined.

Then I tried adding Brentwood ( i hope that was right, because I saw it didnt have any 2.5* hotels) at $65.00 - unfortunately rejected again.

Did I bid correctly, and any more advice?

Thanks again for your help!

Brentwood isn't a free rebid zone for 2.5*. There are no 2.5* in Brentwood but there's 3*. If you add Brentwood to your 2.5* BH bid you could get upgraded to a 3* in Brentwood.

A free rebid zone is one that only offers LOWER quality levels than you're seeking. Since you want a 2.5* your free rebids are zones that only go to 1* or 2*. There's only one free rebid zone for 2.5* in LA. Can you look at PRICELINE's LA page again and identify that one zone?

It's important you understand how to identify your free rebid before you bid again so that you don't end up in a part of town you don't want. Winning a hotel in Brentwood wouldn't be a bad thing probably, but it's not what you're trying to do.

If you still don't understand feel free to ask.

After you've identified your one free rebid, and after your 24 lockout period is over, I'll suggest that you try $70 for a 2.5* in Beverly Hills, then add that one free rebid at $75.

Res Inn's regular price is $169 on July 4.

YES!! You got it :)

However, always doublecheck your re-bid zones before each bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed (a higher rated hotel added to the zone or a hotel upgraded) which would make the zone no longer eligible as a re-bid zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]