Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Airport SFO) Sheraton

ucsf_med
By ucsf_med,
in

Initial bid of $34 rejected

Added Embarcadero, rebid $37 accepted.

Total including taxes ~$97

Extra parking charge of $13+$3 tax per night

When I showed up, I got a Queen sized bed on the Starwood Preferred (but SMOKING) Floor. When I complained, they said they were full for the first night (yeah right, on a Thurs night) and moved me to a non-smoking double full room for the second night (Friday).

BTW, what's wrong with the Doubletree? I have seen a few posts about being Doubletree'd.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks for sharing your winning bid with the rest of the board, we're thankful you have done so.

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the DoubleTree (it may just be a reference to the desire for Hyatt properties for their FFN program) but perhaps others can explian further.

One thing i do know, the word "DoubleTree'd" makes me smile everytime i see it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There's nothing wrong with the Doubletree, its fine (although of all the airport locations, for quality of stay, I prefer the Westin and then the Hyatt in that order). I initially used the term "Doubletreed" meaning I'm not getting my Hyatt FFN credit which is the whole point, for me at least, of the bid. I have no other need for the room. At least when I get "Doubletreed" I can stay home and don't have to drive to south San Francisco to "check 'er in, check 'er out". Ahhh, mattress runs, gotta love 'em. :)

Indeed, the Doubletree SFO is aboslutely OK, but certainly the least desirable of the airport-hotels. Their rooms are...errr...very classic in design, but totally sufficient for a single night.

Staying multiple nights, however, I would prefer some other place. The Sheraton has some very nice rooms (those not facing the airport) that are more comfortable than the Doubletree, and both the Homewood- and the Styabridge-Suites (formerly a Summerfield Suites - my favourite) are also very nice. I have never been to the Hyatt, Westin or the Marriott, but the Hyatt is next on my list in August, and from what I heared they also treat you pretty well and have very nice rooms.

All in all the quality of the Priceline-enabled hotels around SFO is pretty high for an airport-area. Even the 2* Comfort Inn is still a good deal...SFO is a very easy area to bid for without too many trapdoors.

Oh, btw: if you get the Sheraton, there are a few free parking spots on the back of the hotel (just pass it and take the next street to the left to get there) that are pretty close and free after 6pm (2 hours max before that).

Greetings - Dirk

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]