Hotwire Hotel: help london oct 29th-nov 09th

marciopsiq
By marciopsiq,
in

The properties above have not yet been reported to the board.

Is there something in particular you need for this stay? The hotels above seem very expensive when there are similarly or higher rated hotel and half the price in adjacent zones (ex- there is a 4* HOTWIRE hotel in the Bloomsbury-Marble Arch zone for just $125/nite)... unless you have a need to be in these other zones it would certainly seem worth the tube ride to save $50-$125 per nite vs. the hotels above)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The areas are important for me, indeed.

As a newbie, I was reading some priceline topics and I think I'll try PRICELINE for the first time. Maybe I'll get a nice 4 or 5* at soho for 200 dollars max, which is my goal. I'll try the rebbiding techniques and if it does not work, I'll swing back to HOTWIRE.

I was going straight to hotwire because I have recently used it, even before I knew betterbidding and got(maybe out of luck) a nice 10 days stay at NYC Hudson Hotel for 170 dollars last march. But of course now I'll use your links and post my winnings.

Thank you again.

The 4* in Westminster could be the Riverbank Plaza, because this hotel has a spa and a pool, which are not as common as the other amenities for hotels in London. This is not as central as some people prefer, as it's south of the river and about 10 minutes from a tube stop. It would not be a big deal, but it depends on your preferences.

The only zone where you can be assured of a perfectly central location is with the Mayfair-Soho zone, which is typically quite expensive.

I live in Brazil and my cards are brazillian, andI got stuck, as many people from Canada and other countries, when I tried to bid at priceline.

The strangest thing is that they have a list of countries elligible for business, which includes Brazil. I even sent an email and got a dubiuos answer saying they accept non-us cards but that I must have an us biiling adress. How could I have that?

I guess phony zip Beverly Hills 90210 is the answer and maybe that was even between the lines of their message. But I confess that I am very tempted by the rates, but, on the other hand, afraid that my bid is accepted, my card is charged and then, when in my next vacation destiny, I may have trouble in the hotel check in, which is something that would really annoy me.

Any suggestions or opininion, PPPPLEASE? :)

There is a thread on this subject here: Priceline Non-US

PRICELINE collect the money and then pays the hotel with their own credit card number, so there shoudln't be any problems at check-in, and i know of no known reported problems in regards to this issue (of course, you could be the first, but history suggests otherwise)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]