Priceline Hotel: London June hotel help?

littlemissmarple
By littlemissmarple,
in

Total newbie here, please go easy.

I'm looking for a 3, 3.5, or 4 star hotel in London in June. Kensington or bloomsbury would be preferable, though anywhere within London close to the tube is fine. I've seen people get 4 stars in london for under $100, I'm wondering if that is still possible in June. I've bid up to $88 in Priceline with no luck, on Hotwire closest thing found is 3.5 way out in Ealing for $65 which is great, but the location is not optimal.

Thanks! :)

Would Mayfair-Soho also be okay? I presume so, as it's the most central of all, although it's also usually the most expensive. But I just wanted to check you were okay with it.

I think you are right to give Ealing a pass. Are you searching Hotwire for one person, because I didn't see that Ealing result when I searched for 2.

I wouldn't want to stay out that far, but if that room is for 3 people, it's by far preferable than bidding for a Priceline room for 2. Your teenager would be considered an adult in most cases, from the hotel's standpoint, and it would just be an impossible situation at worst (you wouldn't be allowed to take a room) or very uncomfortable if you got a standard double room in London.

However, when I enter your dates into HOTWIRE, with 2 adults, 1 child, I see a 3.5* in Ealing-Hammersmith for $115. Is that $65 option still available for you?

I'd consider two options: either increase your budget enough to get a centrally located hotel on HOTWIRE for 3 people, or bid for two rooms on PRICELINE. Even a 1* budget hotel for three people is likely to cost as much as either of these options. Also take a look at Holiday Inn Express and Travelodge (family room), although I don't think either will provide any real bargains.

the 3.5* in Ealing is $65 when booked from June 21-24, so that seems to be a pretty good deal. If I book that, that means from the 24-28 I will have to find another hotel. On Priceline, it seems that the possible hotels for the Baker Street Region all seem to have rooms with 2 double beds (i think) so maybe i will be able to call the hotel and arrange that. the novotel in the marble arch area also seems family friendly. what do you guys think?

You can't guarantee getting the Novotel in Bloomsbury-Marble Arch, although it is family-friendly.

If the known hotels in the Regents Park - Baker Street zone have rooms with two double beds, they may also (quite likely) charge a premium for you to be given those rooms. You could luck out, but it's also likely you'd have to pay a steep upgrade fee, if any such rooms were actually available. And it's also possible that you could get a hotel that does not have such rooms.

it says that their tandard room is one king or two double i think, so do i get a choice or is it just automatically the single room? i think one of them says max. occupancy 2 adults 2 child for standard so it will be a risk but the location is optimal. what about a holiday inn express? it is a chain hotel and the price is good but i'm not sure about the quality...

The room, and bedding configuration, will be assigned by the hotel... you can put in a request, but it's just that, a request, and may or may not be able to be honored. As long as the room can accomodate two adults the hotel has satisfied the side of the agreement.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]