Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (SFO South) Embassy Suites

jones721
By jones721,
in

Got the Embassy Suites in San Francisco Burlingame (Airport) for the 15th and 16th August for $70 - 2 nights $160.95 including taxes and fees. Icons were as advertised,

Suite, oceanfront, shuttle, restaurant , pool, fitness, complimentary breakfast and kitchette.

Very, very pleased. First time that I had got a hotel with either Hotwire or Priceline. Even better value when you look at the current exchange rate between the dollar and the pound.

Tracey

(England)

This hotel is in the South/Burlingame zone...it's right across from the Doubletree and shares the bus with them. It's a nice place and has spectacular views on arriving aircraft into SFO. Make sure you call them from the courtesy desk after your arrival as the shuttle only runs on demand.

Oceanfront however is a little exaggerating things...the Pacific is probably a mile or more away...it's right at the bay though, but that's not really an ocean. The breakfast ist good however...including made to order items.

Greetings - Dirk

If I recall, 2 hotels kept showing up with the same icons (except for oceanfront) at roughly the same price. I guessed that they were both Embassy Suites.

The one I bid on (and it's still there) was Airport South - Burlingame.

Hope this helps.

Now waiting to see if it shows up on the 28th August between my return from Seattle and flight to London!

Tracey

There are two Embassy Suites around SFO, one north and one south of the airport. Both are considered 3.5 star, but the one north does not show "suite" as they have some studios as well.

As to 28th, I'd go for the 4* in the south zone for 49$ which most likely is the Hyatt in that zone. If you consider using Priceline for that however, my guess is that bidding 37$ there will result in the same hotel...

Greetings - Dirk

Dirk,

Yes, I guessed it was the Hyatt. It has been as low as $45 but it is $13 per night to park and breakfast (Sunday brunch) is $33 x 2 and $16 x 2 ( 2 adults and 2 children) - that adds up to a lot more! Priceline bids are getting it much lower. Embassy Suites just isn't showing up for those dates. What about the 3*including breakfast for

Hope I get no scolded :) for helping you out on this, as this is more "touristy" information than bidding for a hotel...

The Hyatt has a parking fee, true, but there is a side-street a block towards the airport where you can park for free - lots of space in the evening. I think the street is called Burtway Road if I recall this correctly. As to breakfast...I see that this adds up especially at the Hyatt, but there is a Sizzler restaurant more or less across the street that serves breakfast on the weekends for considerably less than the Hyatt. And add to that the breakfast (not sure about brunch) at the Hyatt (at least the buffet) is less than desirable!

As to the three star...I have been wondering about that myself. My first thought was a Hilton Garden Inn, but they do not offer breakfast for free. It could be the Quality Suites Milbrae, the Holiday Inn Express SFO South and a Wingate Inn. My guess was the Wingate Inn as this also came up on Priceline once in a while...but it's outside the zone-boundaries. So my only guess would be the HI Express...

Greetings - Dirk

Thanks for that. Now I need someone to tell me where to park at the Hyatt in Orange County / Disney as they charge $12 per night! I just got that for $35 per night for 5 nights in August with Priceline (my first one!)and was really pleased. May think about the Hyatt SFO through Priceline (they are accepting around $37) and eat at Sizzlers, but also HI Express looks nice.

Now only hotels to organise in Seattle and Vancouver!

Thanks again.

Tracey

Now I need someone to tell me where to park at the Hyatt in Orange County / Disney as they charge $12 per night!

Sorry, can't help you with that...I'll be around that area of L.A. in August for the first time this year also (I'll be staying at the Hyatt SFO the same time you are at the Embassy Suites SFO, btw, August 14-17th). We, however, decided to bid for the Irvine/Costa-Mesa zone for L.A. and got the Wyndham Orange County for 27$ (? - not sure and too lazy to look it up).

As to the Sizzler, there is also a place across the freeway that serves very good breakfast...from flyertalk.com:

"I know this is late, but I live in Burlingame, right next to the airport. If you go to Burlingame Ave, there are many fine places to get breakfast. Our favorite is without a doubt the Copenhagen. You have to stand in line and order (send someone else to get a table). The bannana pancakes are the best I have ever had. Other places include Stack's (1 block north of the avenue, on California street), and Alana's (on the Ave)."

While I have not been to any of the named places, I know the area is very close to the hotels (basically just across the freeway). Another suggestion from the same board (and the one I was looking for):

"There is a Max's close to the airport - I believe you can take a courtesy shuttle to the Ramada Inn on Bayshore, which is adjacent. The food is NY Deli style - healthy portions & big menus. The food is decent, and if you have a car, the parking is free."

So plenty of options other than the Hyatt, and for a much more decent price. Cannot help you with either Seattle or Vancouver as I never been there.

@thereuare: I knew that, I just was joking...;-)!

Greetings - Dirk

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]