Priceline Hotel: Failed Bids 4* Upto $175 MTW, MTE, UM/CPS, MTS

mcremata
By mcremata,
in

Started at $100 and went up $5 at a time until final push when I went up $15 at a time. Not sure if there is something happening in the city during these days - any thoughts? I see that there are wins in late February at substantially less. I'll keep at it and keep the board posted. If anyone has some insight, please share. Thanks!

Regarding budget, Hotwire has the 4* hotels at or around $280 in the various zones. I was hoping for a win in the $120, $130 range after noting the wins on this board for mid-late March, but perhaps my dates at the end of March/early April are a differnt ballgame. I'll pay what I need to pay, I suppose trying to save off the hotwire price as much as possible. Not sure if prices will adjust or if it is just this much more costly for my dates. Thanks for your thoughtful opinions.

Not sure if you need a 4* hotel, but i would book a back-up at the Eastgate Tower thru Quikbook for $189/nite while you continue to try priceline. (NOTE: this $189/nite rate is cancellable up until a few days before your stay, ther is also a $171/nite rate at this property which is NON-cancellable, each is clearly marked, so just make sure you book the cancellable one). Reviews are very good.

If you don't mind a small room, you could also book the 6 Columbus Circle for $243/nite (also thru Quickbook)

Lastly, the last nite if your stay appears to be much higher than the previous two nites, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can't split. Travelling w/ my mom, who is a bit older and that would be uncomfortable for her. Also, for same reason, small room is not what we'd ideally like since we will be sharing. By the way, tried again today and increased to $200, but got nowhere. That last night appears to be a problem.

Not crazy about Eastgate. Would prefer to pay a bit more and stay at a good 4*. Tried this morning to $250 and still nothing. Pretty surprising since Hotwire is at approximately $280 in the various areas. Will wait and try again, but if I can't secure for $250 I'll either go for a hotwire or try for a priceline win for the first 2 nights at $200 or less and pay the lowest available published rate I can find for the last night for whichever hotel I win. If anyone has a thought, please share. Would also appreciate help IDing the Hotwire 4*. I checked them against the hotel list here, but didn't find a match.

4-star hotel in Midtown South $272

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

4 of 5 TripAdvisor

4-star hotel in Central Park Area $279

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

4-star hotel in Times Square - Theatre District $279

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

4 of 5 TripAdvisor

4-star hotel in Midtown Central $289

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

3 of 5 TripAdvisor

Best guesses for each:

MTS - 70 Park Ave (slight chance Morgans)

Central Park - Empire Hotel

Times Square - Hotel Mela

MTC - ???

However, with the prices of the hotels above, i would sooner recommend going to GTA Hotels (please use this link) and booking the Affinia Dumont ($296/nite) or the Affinia 50 ($297/nite), both of which have excellent reviews (HERE and HERE respectively... both are within the top 10 of user reviewed htoels in NYC). Both are also cancellable up unti 4 days before your arrival date so you can continue to try for a better deal thru priceline as you get closer to your arrival.

Thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]