Priceline Hotel: Fire at the Monte Carlo

robertknyc
By robertknyc,
in

Does anyone know how Priceline handles situations like this? I'm supposed to stay in a room I got through Priceline next week, and don't know if the hotel will be open, smoke damaged, under construction, etc. I've emailed Priceline and will let you know their response, but I thought if anyone had experienced a similar situation you could share ideas that would help me in negotiating with then.

I'm supposed to stay in a room I got through Priceline next week...

I guess you're refering your thread which was started 3 weeks ago and for which we probably never would have heard about the win if you didn't have another question :)

To answer your question, i think you're putting the cart before the horse. As far as i have heard the fire was contained to the top floors and i doubt that the rest of the hotel will be closed for an extended period of time. They may need to re-shuffle around some rooms, but even if this puts over maximum capacity, the MGM Grand owns about half the hotel rooms on the strip, and i suspect they will be able to accomodate guests at their other properties.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, that was harsh. I did ask the question about Hotwire a few weeks ago but didn't want to risk getting stuck in Circus Circus. So I booked the hotel a couple of days ago through Priceline and hadn't posted back yet because I have been out of town. Way to make a girl feel welcome.

And if anyone is curious about how the situation was resolved, Priceline agreed to cancel my reservation. I may try rebooking through their site, and they assured me that if I get stuck with Monte Carlo on my re-try they will cancel that for me as well. They were very cooperative. I will post back on my results if I wind up going through Priceline.

Wow, that was harsh. I did ask the question about Hotwire a few weeks ago but didn't want to risk getting stuck in Circus Circus. So I booked the hotel a couple of days ago through Priceline and hadn't posted back yet because I have been out of town.

This board has few rules and the Moderator bends over backwards to help others get great deals on hotels and help identify HOTWIRE listings. Its unfortunate that you feel this response is harsh, but its just bad form to ask for assistance regarding a stay that you didn't report. Were you considerate in using a link that helps support this board? :) Why we're here. Looks like you heeded the advice of thereuare which kept you away from a questionable property like Circus Circus :)

Still, I don't think sarcasm (eye rolling? really? how old are you?) is the way to deal with an obvious newcomer who asked a question, thanked the moderator for an answer, and then came back within a couple of days after making a different booking. It seems this attitude is not limited to a single moderator, which is why I will not be using this board anymore.

I wrote Priceline after seeing this about my upcoming March trip, asking to get a refund due to having Monte Carlo, and also wanting assurance of a future refund if I get them on a rebid. I'm pretty sure the person that read it does not understand English very well. The reply was automated, with a little blurb saying "I understand that you have requested a refund." So I have no true answer yet on that, and had to write them again. The phone line states when you call that the call volume is so high to please call back if your trip is over 7 days away.

I called Priceline and they will NOT refund me. They said to call for any updates to their policy next week, but that at this time they are going to "wait and see" when Monte Carlo can reopen, and if they have anywhere else they could put me (and others). I just saw on the news that it is going to be a while before they will be able to reopen. They have to do some rebuilding, and some things with the facade of their building which is no longer in compliance with current codes. All of that equals that I probably won't be staying there a month from now. But yet they are making me wait it out, while others are making new reservations. I even made the point that a burned up Monte Carlo should no longer be considered a 4* for the time being. That doesn't scream out elegance to me, going into a hotel with upper floors which were partially burned! I guess I am being picky, but I paid for it, and I should get what I paid for. Also, per Priceline's agreement, I make an offer on a star level, they give me the hotel name after my bid is accepted. My bid was accepted for the Monte Carlo... so how is it fair that I would get sent to another MGM property?! They are going against their own policy. This is really going to frustrate me.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]