Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC Airports (LGA) Holiday Inn

flytie
By flytie,
in

greetings everyone.

ok. so, i'm trying to determine the identity of a 1 star hotel in long island city/queens, ny. when i search for hotels in this area on priceline the howard johnson express inn comes up as the ony 1 star in the area. its description says:

"Howard Johnson Express Inn Queens, Queens, NY (La Guardia Airport Vicinity)"

now. when i sort by star rating, a 1 star super 8 shows up on the second page, and the description says:

"Super 8 Motel - Long Island City, New York Long Island City, NY"

when i go to "name your own price" there is no 1 star available for the laguardia airport vicinity, but there is one for long island city. so in my confusion i'm trying to figure out will the 1 star be super 8 even though howard johnson is the 1 star hotel showing up in the search results when i just due a regular hotel search (if i only leave it sorted as is...by "most popular")

i'm not sure what to think, cause it seems like they're not making any clear distinctions between these areas. but i'm convinced that it's going to be one of these cause i see no other 1 stars in the area. i'd just like to know which one so i can determine what i want to do.

can someone help me out with these please? and let me know if i need to make myself clearer. :)

thanks.

we don't want to pay more than $200 for both nights. i really have no issue with stying in lic. i've done a lot of research and concluded that we'll be able to handle it. i've also read numerous reviews for hotels in the area (howard johnson, super 8, la quinta, comfort inn, holiday inn express, etc) and rarely did i find that people had safety issues (which is a main consern of ours since we'll be taking buses and subways at night). also, what's 1 star on priceline is 2-3 star on other sites.

now. if you or anyone else has anything about the area that i should know, please do tell. i'm just tryna get up there for some fun in brooklyn and queens, lol!

the issue is, we're flying into laguardia, but don't want to stay out by the airport. we're going to events in brooklyn and figured the lic area is a good middle spot. we could have flown into jfk and just stayed in brooklyn, but one of the people who i'm meeting there booked her ticket first and just randomly chose lga. now we're realizing that jfk might have worked out better.

so, that's that.

any input? is safety not the issue? and if not, what is? why shouldn't i want to stay there? should we just stay in bklyn?? thanks for the feedback. :)

Most people look towards these areas as a cheap alternative to staying in Manhattan... which (imo) is not a good idea. However, looks like you'll be visiting Brooklyn (and Queens?), which gives a slightly different perspective, but doesn't change the fact that neither of the areas are very nice :)

Given the area(s) i would strive for the highest star rating that your budget will allow (for all the reasons you might think... safety, cleanliness, etc).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i hear ya, and appreciate the input. whenever i decide what i'm going to do, and if it's done through priceline, i'll be sure to book through savings barn and report my winnings in the appropriate area.

thanks again for your thoughtful feedback!

peace

1st bid $94 for a 2* Long Islang City rejected. Added LaGuardia Airport and raised bid to $96 and it was accepted....and i was bumped up to a 3*

details:

Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport

Check-In Date: Friday, June 22, 2007

Check-Out Date: Sunday, June 24, 2007

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $96.00

Subtotal: $192.00

Taxes and Services Fees: $42.23

Total Charges: $234.23

I'm not pleased with this hotel location or reviews of the hotel at all and will not be staying there. I was also not pleased to be bumped up to a 3*. Long Island City was what I was aiming for, and now i realize i should have added 1* in that area instead of adding LaGuardia to my desired areas list. I've had my rounds with customer service based on being bumped up to a 3* when i only requested a 2*, but of course they don't want to hear it. Figured it couldn't hurt to try, though :)

I have reservations elsewhere (not through PL), but here's the info anyway.

sorry you won't be staying here, this hotel is within walking distance to Shea Stadium and a short walk to public transportation, you may want to call the hotel to see which trains may be accessed at this subway stop, you might be able to get to Brooklyn using the subway. I stayed here when it was a Ramada, it was fine and would stay here again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]