Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy needed for 4* London, (most areas)

lookup
By lookup,
in

I had to break it up into two different hotels but I won 7 days at great 4* hotels on PRICELINE but now i am having trouble winning a 4 * for the last two days of my trip: Monday June 25th - Wednesday June 27th

For the last two dates I have been bidding as high as $150 for Mayfair-Soho / Bloomsbury Marble Arch bidding zones and no wins for those days .....

and

I also bid as high as $120 for Finsbury - Islington, Kensington - Earls Court - Knightsbridge, The City - London Bridge, Westminster bidding zones but no wins.......time she is running out.............

Any idea what it is going to take or a strategy to get something? I really don't want a 3 star! Is there any pattern/evidence that more hotel rooms come more available closer to the dates?

ohhh nooooooooooooooooo that does not sound promising....

back up plan?

my back up plan is to fork out more dough! but just how much more dough is going to make it click is the question!

I haven't tried coz i didn't want it but maybe I might include Regents Park-Baker St and try to get the Hilton Metropole in the $85 range? It sounds like an unattractve hotel though, I would prefer not to.

I doubt you'll get it for $85, but I'd definitely try it at this point. It doesn't sound like a bad hotel, for the most part. Note the Hilton Metropole is unavailable for direct booking on its website for your dates, so a Priceline win is quite unlikely. My guess is that something is making rooms more expensive than usual.

I would look around for a cancellable backup. Take a look at the usual last-minute sites like:

www.wotif.com

www.ratestogo.com

www.laterooms.com

www.lastminute.com

as a back up I have always bid on 4* hotels........

any idea...what is a good bidding zone for a 3* and what is the $ bid to make?

Are you sure you want a 3* hotel, knowing how you feel about them? :)

What I'd suggest in general is looking up the prices of a few listed 3* hotels, and starting with 50% of the lowest price you find. I'm partial to the Bloomsbury zone, but take a look at the list here. I would try other sources too, because this could easily be a case where Priceline doesn't offer the best deal.

Did you try 4* in all central London zones (excluding Docklands, the Western Suburbs, and the Airport zones)?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]