Priceline Hotel: 4*+ Paris (Champs Elysees-Opera Quarter West) Hotel Scribe

mcremata
By mcremata,
in

Bid today up to $255 and was rejected. Used detailed bidding strategy (adding all free re-bid zones - which are all zones except Champs) provided by Thereuare for a trip I made in the Spring. I stayed at the Westin Paris then for $200 per night. Struggling to find good hotels for this trip. I'm looking for:

London 5/30 - 6/2 (prefer 5* Mayfair-Soho) been rejected upto $225

Paris 6/2 - 6/6 (prefer 4*+ Champs) been rejected to $255

Venice 6/7 - 6/9 (prefer 5* or equivalent. haven't even tried yet)

Florence 6/9 - 6/13 (prefer 5* or equivalent. haven't even tried yet)

Rome 6/13 - 6/17 (prefer 5* Central. been rejected to $200)

London 6/17 - 6/18 (prefer 5* Mayfair-Soho. haven't tried yet)

this is becoming a full time job ;-) i'm exhausted and i haven't found a thing. any ideas would be appreciated.

Has your inter-country travel been arranged yet? Can you switch dates between certain countries at all?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Lowering your star rating?

London hopefully shouldn't be too bad, but Rome can be a tough priceline city, as can Paris. Some prefer HOTWIRE over priceline in Paris in order to be able to make a lower rated (4*) opaque purchase while still <likely> avoiding any particular properties they'd prefer not to receive.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would guess your bids might not be not high enough. For example, the cheapest rate at the Intercontinental in Rome for your dates is 348.50 Euros - about $474 USD. A $200 bid probably just is not enough.

For Venice, Florence, and Rome, I wouldn't expect any bids to work out - but would work right away on getting acceptable backup options.

this is depressing ;-( well, i suppose i'll have to pay more or reduce expectations. my travel dates are somewhat fixed. i've got the ticket reservations paid.

paris is frustrating. i just stayed for $200 at the westin paris. i was hoping to do something similar for $250 at this time of year.

rome, venice, florence. i'm at a loss. would love any hotel recommendations. i haven't been since i was a kid and have no idea where to stay. willing to pay upto $300 a night for a 5* in Rome, Paris, Venice, Florence.

thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. it's a huge help!

Just to add more food for thought... there are also a limited number of 4*+ hotels... so limiting yourself to this high standard also limits the number of hotels that are willing/able to accept your bid.

Are you willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID? (although you may have a LOT of luggage to make this a feasible possibility)

The metro system is quite good in London, would you consider a nearby zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Friends ;-)

I have news... Last night my bid for a 4*+ room in Paris was accepted for a rate of $240.

Here's the info:

Check-In Date: Saturday, June 2, 2007

Check-Out Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Hotel Name: Hotel Scribe

Your Offer Price: US$240.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: US$960.00

Taxes and Service Fees: US$85.49

Total Charges: US$1,045.49

Started bidding at $200 in Champs...(recalling that 2 days prior my bid of $255 had been rejected)

Bid $200, rejected & added re-bid zone 1 (top of list)

Bid $210, rejected & added re-bid zone 2 (2nd from top...)

Bid $220, rejected & added re-bid zone 3

Bid $230, rejected & added re-bid zone 4

Bid $240 accepted Hotel Scribe

Now onto Rome - keeping my fingers crossed and would love anyone's input. Thanks!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to were ultimately able to get a hotel in the zone you wanted.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your Rome stay so that it will be easier to follow and we'll ultimately be able to reflect the hotel received in the topic title of the thread (as we have done for this thread)

Have a great stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]