Priceline Hotel: 5/1 NYC 4* rejected up to $275

Tino
By Tino,
in

Need to be on the north side of Midtown, bid 4* every $10 from $140 up to $250 on

Midtown East

Midtown West

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

Upper Midtown/Central Park South

(some of these were free bids)

I'll start working the 3*, but there are a few sketchy properties I want to avoid.

Someone is claiming on TOBB that they just got the 4* MTW Marriott Marquis for one night on May 1 for $155, the same night I need.

I just bid MTW 4* at $155, and added $20 for each additional bid up to $235, using the same 5 regions. No luck.

I will continue to rebid these regions every day or two and see if anything comes up. My backup is using a SPG50 but it will still be over $300.

Possible scenarios:

-the hotel only had one room loaded at that rate... and they have the last room

-the user bid a few days/weeks/months ago and only recently mentioned their results

A similar example is this recent Priceline Win where it took up to $180 for the user to be successful, although just two days earlier two others were successful for dates which overlappsed (you can see those Priceline InterContinental and another Priceline Inter-Continental).

The hotel market is much stronger than it was a few years ago, so in years past when occupancy was low, hotels could put a LOT of inventory into the system. I think during busy times of year (which spring in NYC certainly is) hotels can only offer a few rooms (if any during really busy periods) to the opaque suppliers.

Are you also using MTE in your bidding?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]