Priceline Hotel: 4*+ Paris (Champs Elysees-Opera Quarter West) Westin Paris

mcremata
By mcremata,
in

From what I can see, there is only one section with 4*+, Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West, which means there are 6 free re-bid zones.

I bid starting at $100 and went up $5 at a time adding each zone each time and finished at $130 with no luck.

Any thoughts on my strategy? Should I be closing and going back in? Is it too early?

I've hit the Meridian Montparnasse 4* for $111 and the Hilton Paris 4* for $96.

These were both in the month of November which is in the off season.

April is barely into the busier season so you could be getting into summer rates or more likely it is in fact early to bid.

I go to Paris at least yearly and I watch the rates on Priceline regularly and the published rates don't change much.

My guess is that the hotels are holding out until they see what their sales look like.

I'd keep bidding weekly but don't go past your budget.

PS - I hit the Libertel Moulin 3* (I think they call it Moulin Plaza now) in April 2004 for $76 but it was maybe a month before.

I've hit the Meridian Montparnasse 4* for $111 and the Hilton Paris 4* for $96.

These were both in the month of November which is in the off season.

Can you please post your wins to the board... i'm sure the OP (as well as others in the past and future) could benefit from your wins being posted as a NEW TOPIC and being able to see the wins by scanning the topic titles. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$130 is not my max. The conventional rate at Le Grand Hotel Intercontinental is $365 per night (which seems like a good choice of hotel although I have no personal experience) or at Sofitel Paris-Arc De Triomphe for $285, another 5* which seems less attractive, but still a possibility. Keeping those rates in mind, I'd likely bid up to a max of $200 and if I was unsuccessful, I'd buy the conventional way.

Am I going about this the right way, but opening up Priceline (via SavingsBarn.com) and bidding 1st on a 4*+ in the only zone that has this hotel category and then adding each free re-bid zone, one at a time? Should I be closing down and re-opening or is it that simple?

I've only ever stayed at The Plaza Athenee in Paris. Any thoughts on the best area or places to stay for a luxury hotel experience in a central area would be appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, you're going about it the right <simple> way. If you wanted to get more complex (and have the time it will take to go thru all the bids), you could do this as well, using your 6 re-bid zones.

Select 4*plus and Champs...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4*plus and Champs and re-bid zone5...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4*plus and Champs and re-bid zone6...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4*plus and Champs and re-bid zone5 and re-bid zone6...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $200.

This will get you up to your maximum bid all in one session :)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please also remember that if you do ultimately book direct, or you make a back-up reservation, we are affilates of both the Inter-Continental and the Sofitel (thru Accor) and use the links in our support page.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the more detailed strategy. That was a big help!

I tried yesterday, following this strategy up to $185, but had no success. Perhaps it is too early? Perhaps it is just an expensive time of year? I'll keep trying and will report any success.

Thank you again and please send me any recommendations regarding best 5* hotels / areas to stay in Paris. It's been a long time since I've visited and The Plaza Athenee is the only place I've stayed. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]