Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen) Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side

tignor
By tignor,
in

For my sister.

NYC, December 6-9

These 3 hotels look good to her, can you use your sleuthing skills? We used the HOTWIRE link on this board for the search.

Midtown Central Hotel, 3*, $302

Smoke Free Rooms, High-Speed Internet Access, Kitchenette, Accessibility

•Accessible for the deaf

•Accessible path of travel

•In-room accessibility

•Accessible bathroom

•Roll-in shower

Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen area, 3*, $282

No amenities listed

Midtown East, 3.5*, $293

Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Accessibility

•Accessible for the blind

•Accessible for the deaf

•In-room accessibility

•Accessible bathroom

Or other ideas? She doesn't have the time to do a PRICELINE strategy (she is busy) and wants something in Midtown, Times Square, MSG for around $300, 3* or higher.

Thank you!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted for the 3.5* MTE property as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool, and then click the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Also, i am seeing 4* hotels in some of the zones above that are priced at under $300/nite... is she willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board. (and please ask your sister to use when making her purchase if she is the one who will be completing the transaction)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I clicked on the BiddingHelper.com.com tool but I don't see a Hotwire Easy View tab, and entering the information takes me to Priceline.

Would it make a difference if we choose 2 adults and 2 children (which we are)? I copied and pasted the amenities directly from the pages.

The goal, I believe, is cheaper than what she already has booked, which is a 4* at over $400 in Midtown, not exactly sure which one. I think she's hoping to find a nice hotel in the $300 range. She's not on betterbidding and she doesn't have the time to bid on Priceline, which is why we are looking at Hotwire.

Thanks!

I clicked on the BiddingHelper.com.com tool but I don't see a Hotwire Easy View tab, and entering the information takes me to Priceline.

The default page is open to PRICELINE, but you look above the priceline page and below the search box, do you see that PRICELINE is highlighted with a RED BORDER and there are two tabs to the left of it and two tabs to the right of it?

We need to confirm the full list of amenities associated with the property(s) in order to take a guess as to which they may be. If you don't see the above we'll try a different method to confirm the amenities.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and ask your sister to click the links before she makes a purchase if she will be the one making the purchase on her own)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I only see search boxes and this text below, no red border, no tabs. Who knows?

Welcome to Bidding Helper

The Best, Fastest, and Easiest Way to Research and Compare Hotel Rates for Priceline and Hotwire Purchases

1.Enter your travel information in the search box above

2.Bidding Helper will return rates from Priceline, Hotwire, and Hotels.com

3.Click any of the tabs to see and compare rates from that travel provider

OK, she emailed me about this one. <dead link removed> Its a 3* MSG for $282. I can't get amenities to come up for me at all. She really liked that it was highly rated by people (this is important to her, more than getting a 4* with a low approval rating), 90%, and said she just may pick it and take her chances. If she does, I'll let you know.

I only see search boxes and this text below, no red border, no tabs. Who knows?

Welcome to Bidding Helper

The Best, Fastest, and Easiest Way to Research and Compare Hotel Rates for Priceline and Hotwire Purchases

1.Enter your travel information in the search box above

2.Bidding Helper will return rates from Priceline, Hotwire, and Hotels.com

3.Click any of the tabs to see and compare rates from that travel provider

And as per 1, 2, 3 above did you try doing a search using the search box on that page??
OK, she emailed me about this one. <dead link removed> Its a 3* MSG for $282. I can't get amenities to come up for me at all.
HOTWIRE links contain session IDs and won't work on any computer other than the one that the search is conducted on, which is why you can't see the amenities, and why the link you posted to the board doesn't work either. If you ask her to use the BiddingHelper.com and copy/paste the full list of amenities associated with this property we can have a look, but can't do much without knowing the amenities.... or even better ask her to post to the board herself as this will save time and expedite getting this stay resolved.

As it appears she will be making this purchase herself, please ask here to use the links on the board to begin her purchase (the logos in each of the search boxes at the top of the board are click-able and she can use either to begin her purchase).

Thanks.

Girl took a chance on a 2.5* in Hells Kitchen and got a Holiday Inn Express.
How was this purchased... PRICELINE bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS, or HOTWIRE?
I don't know what amenities there were.
If PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE, can you please ask whoever made the purchase for the amenity information shown before their purchase (if you don't know where this is located we can indicate how they can still view the information)

Also, what was the room rate per nite?

Please provide the information above so that we can edit the topic title accordingly and enable this thread to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Sorry, but I'm the one who uses this board on a regular basis and yes, I use the links, but was asking for her because she didn't understand how to use the board.

She told me she got the Holiday Inn Express in Hell's Kitchen at $228, 440 West 57th Street. I asked her to tell me the amenities and she lead me back to Hotwire, telling me to find it. SMH. I'm sorry, but this is about all I can do to get information from her and while I'm a frequent user of this board, I will no longer be asking for anyone else because she wouldn't ask herself and isn't being very helpful. I'm sorry.

I THINK it's this listing <dead link removed>. Of course, she has no idea herself, said she thinks so.

Midtown Central (currently at $219), amenities

Smoke Free Rooms

Internet access

Kitchenette

Accessibility

•Accessible for the deaf

•In-room accessibility

•Accessible bathroom

•Roll-in shower

Regarding my earlier posts -- no, I don't see any of this using the bidding helper tool. And getting her to come here and post herself -- needless to say I'll only be asking for myself from now on. :( I'm sorry, but I'm a frequent visitor here and use the links and have recently asked a question for a hotel myself in NC and if I can't get help because of this stupid query (and I'm blaming my sister, not you guys!) I will not be happy.

At least we know it was HOTWIRE and can categorize this thread accordingly... but i don't think those are the amenities as i don't believe this property has rooms with Kitchenettes in them.

You have a lot of history here and are welcomed... one experience does not form the basis of a relationship ;)

Thanks for the follow-up.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]