Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (CPS) Hudson Hotel

ygottfri
By ygottfri,
in

I am looking for a 3.5 star or better hotel in times square or midtown west for one night 5/4. I have already bid up to 150 for the 4 star and 135 for the 3.5 star. I dont really want to spend more than $200 with tax. I saw someone got the Sheraton Towers for 140ish as well as the Hilton for around the same price. That would be great but it didnt work for me yest. Any suggestions? Should I wait till the week before or keep trying?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Rates vary - often significantly - by dates. While another user may have gotten a certain rate for other dates, those rates may not be enough for this date.

I think you'll have the best chance of getting a 4* within your price range in MTW - a 4* in MTW may require as much as $165-180. I would head higher in both zones by $5's. Just to confirm, is your budget $200 + tax or $200 "all-in" (w/taxes/fees)? If your budget is $200 "all-in" (including taxes/fees), then your max bid would be about $165-170.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I'd try as follows:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW and TS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175 (you can choose not to make this bid or not depending upon how firm your budget is)

If the above is rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* TS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* TS and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is an expensive time of year in NYC and you're only bidding 2 zones... i think you're chances would increase if you added other nearby zones which are acceptable and/or bid a little higher at each star level.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated as to your progress and if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's a more basic/older property, but the Salisbury is a very nice, quite well-reviewed (4.5/5 on tripadvisor) hotel in a fantastic location - it's $146 on sale from just over $200 on Expedia.

May be worth considering, given that this is a one night stay. HOTWIRE also has what appears to be the Holiday Inn Midtown Central for $149, and a previously unreported 3.5* in Chelsea (possibly the newer Ace Hotel?) for $176.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia.com links.

At the moment i think you'll need to go anther $10-$25 at the 3.5* level OR have to bid the 3* level to be successful at your current bid amounts.

On HOTWIRE the least expensive 3.5* property is in the MSG-Chelsea zone... any thoughts on including this zone in your bidding?

At the moment i think you'll need to go anther $10-$25 at the 3.5* level OR have to bid the 3* level to be successful at your current bid amounts.

On HOTWIRE the least expensive 3.5* property is in the MSG-Chelsea zone... any thoughts on including this zone in your bidding?

I always use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin my travel purchases.

I also did put the MSG and Chelsea zone in my bidding on PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]