Hotwire Hotel: 4* Niagara on the Lake The Shaw Club

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

On the first leg of our summer road trip, my husband and I are planning to spend a couple days at Niagara Falls. Have never been before. Not into the amusements and such, just want to see and enjoy the Falls and the area.

To that end, I have been checking on Hotwire and came across a nice sounding hotel in Niagara on the Lake, which is approximately 13 miles from Niagara Falls. I have gotten some guidebooks and am reading up on the area. This may be a good place for us to stay because of the scenery. But I am also not opposed to staying at the Falls.

When I checked the NOTL Hotwire entry against Better Bidding's pinned list I didn't see it (or anything else for Niagara on the Lake.) But I have a good idea it might be the Oban Inn and Ospa.

For 2 adults, 7/6 - 7/8, Niagara on the Lake 4*, $119 a night:

Smoke Free

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Spa

After checking Hotwire packages, this fit the description of the Oban Inn and OSpa. We may go for it. Just wanted to pass this info on and case anyone has any knowledge of this inn, or other suggestions for NOTL or the Falls.

When I book both parts of our trip I will use the HOTWIRE links on BB as always.

Thanks!

I decided to gamble on the above, and it turned out very well. The property is The Shaw Club, ranked #2 on TripAdvisor for properties in NOTL. Reviews are wonderful.

HOTWIRE INFO:

Niagara On The Lake

July 6, 2010 -July 8, 2010

4*, $116/night

Smoke Free

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Spa

Lowest advertised Internet price for The Shaw Club for our stay is $275 a night.

I was surprised it wasn't The Oban because the Oban is the only 4* property in NOTL listed in the Hotwire packages. However, since it hadn't been identified I knew I was taking a big gamble. The Shaw Club is ranked higher and reviews are terrific. This sounds like a great place for my husband and I to stay for a trip to the falls and surrounding wineries and countryside.

As always, I used the HOTWIRE link on BB.

Now back to work on the Toronto leg of our vacation.

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to book this :)

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. The HOTWIRE vacation part is diffent today. It can't be used like we did before. they have diffrent star ratings and zones now.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]