Priceline Hotel: London Bidding Help

Peruse22
By Peruse22,
in

I'm new, so please guide me if I do something wrong here.

Here's my question. My husband, myself, and my 2 teen boys are heading to London on April 14th, coming home on the 18th. I am seeing the great deals you are finding, and I'd like to participate. My first choice would be a 5* in Mayfair/Soho, followed by a 5* in Regents. I'd like to try that for a couple days. If that doesn't work, I'll move onto 4* hotels. My Budget? I think we'll need 2 rooms, so I'd like to stay below $150. Of course, lower is even better. Right now, what pattern would you suggest I bid? Thanks so much for your help.

JM

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

A 5* is maybe a bit hard with your budgett. But you can try.

Would you be ok with a nice 4* Holiday Inn in Camden at $105/night/room + tax/fee on HOTWIRE?

You don't have much time left. So you need to have your re-bidding zones under control before you start.

Please read this link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Hello.

I would like to bed for a 5* hotel in London April 14th to April 18th. I would like to be in the Mayfair, Regents Park or Westminster zones. I need 2 rooms. My budget is $150. My free rebids are Bloomsbury, Finsbury, Hammersmith and City and London Bridge. What strategy would you suggest? (Have I given you all the info I should?) Thank you for your help.

Hi.

Thanks for your thoughts. Actually, I will be bidding for 2 rooms, as we would not do well in one bed. :) I expect each one might be $150. I'm not interested in the Camden area, so I wasn't interested in the Holiday Inn. I have indeed read the FAQ. So I think I'm ready to bid. Is there someone who would be able to tell me, Bid this first, this second, etc? Thanks.

J

People have had sucess in that area for as low as $128 during the time you are staying. I recommend starting in Mayfair for $128, then add Regents Park, then add Westminster (depending on your preference). After you have added your 5 star locations at $128, start increasing your re bids in $5 increments, until you either get to your limit or win. Seems $160 for Mayfair is a common price, although it really depends on the day and inventory. If you mostly want to stay in Mayfair, you can also use this tactic on Mayfair and don't add the other 5 star locations.

I have a system for London that involves looking at night by night rate callendars for a couple of the hotels that appear frequently.

Remember that these 5 star options are mainly business hotels and they use priceline to fill rooms when they are not busy.

Marriott has a pay 2 get 3rd free on Thursday to Sunday at these hotels right now when you pay by VISA.

Well. While I think you could get 5* Mayfair for the $155 on the Friday and Saturday nights, I think it would be much more on the first 2 nights. My guess would be $190+ on the Thursday and even $200+ on the Wednesday.

You would spend more by taking them all at the $190+ to win all nights would be my guess looking at the rate callendars now. This can change rapidly this week as they see their actual occupancy the closer it gets.

One alternative would be to book the weekend nights. It would then ask you if you want to try to add a night at same hotel.

You could then bid $20 or so more for the weeknights later to try to add the same hotel. The problem is it only lets you add one night to front. Otherwise just find another option for the first 2 nights.

You understand that you have a lot of re-bids by taking zones that have no 5 star one by one... then more rebids in different combinations of 2 or 3 zones.

Marriott Grovesnor is the most typical 5 star, but if the others come up they are all close by. Good Luck.

You can learn about how to determine your re-bid zones in this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained As it appears you're new to the concept, it's highly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding. If you read the previous thread and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Which zones and star level are you bidding? Did you include these zones in your previously failed bids up to $155?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]