Hotwire Hotel: New Orleans - French Quarter Hotels

Rod in Louisiana
By Rod in Louisiana,
in

When searching for three rooms in French Quarter hotels for the dates of 04/08 and 04/09, I get 5 hits, ranging from 2.5* to 4.5*. I searched on French Quarter only, but the heading on each hotel is French Quarter (French Quarter and Downtown). Am I to understand that some or all of these hotels may be outside the French Quarter? The most attractive of these responses is 3.5* with restaurant and pool for $113. The next most attractive is 4* with restaurant, pool, fitness center, and business center for $182.

Any idea which hotels these may be? We're not high maintenance folks, but we'll do anything to avoid the Radisson on Canal. Thanks for the assistance.

Thanks for the confirmation that these are indeed inside the Quarter. I was aware of the reflagging of the Radisson on Canal; I just couldn't remember the new name. Based on the information I supplied, do you have any idea as to which hotels are being described? I don't see any 3.5* hotels on the Hotwire list for the French Quarter except, perhaps, the Chateau LeMoyne.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Regarding the zone, be sure to look at how HOTWIRE defines the boundaries of the FQ zone, as your idea of the FQ and their idea of the Quarter may be two different things! (ie- click on the 'see map' next to the zone name to get a close of view of the street boundaries)

The hotel you describe has not yet been identified, and with only those two amenities, i don't we're going to gain much insight.

I'll also add that you may want to consider THE ALEXA which is available for your dates for $109/nite. The Astor Crowne Plaza is a favorite in the area, but is listed as 'on request', which means that you'll have to place an order to see if they can still get rooms at this property at their previously contracted rate of $109/nite.

Let us know what you decide to do and if we can be for more help. If you go for a Hotwire selection please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks to both of you for you assistance. I requested rooms at the Alexa from easyclicktravel, shortly after your recommendation, but it was already in an 'on request' status, and my request was subsequently denied becausee it's fully booked for those dates. The only hotels showng availability in the French Quarter and Downtown areas are: The infamous Radisson on Canal (now the Park Plaza), and the equally infamous, if not more so, Grand Palace on Canal (formerly the Crescent). I'll see if I can get everyone in our group to work through Hotwire, although some don't want to book without knowing the name of the hotel. Where's their spirit of adventure <smile>?

Come up with your best plan outside of the opaque services.. then show them the price of that hotel as well as the price of the HOTWIRE hotel which you "think is XYZ" (we'll help you with the hotel ids).

If the difference is significant i bet your friends will have a change of heart and go with the Hotwire alternative.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne appears to be south/west of the French Quarter zone (and in the Downtown zone)... so if the origianal poster only search for the French Quarter, then i don't think that this property is the Holiday Inn.

The Holiday Inn-Chateau LeMoyne is on Dauphine, two blocks towards the river from N. Rampart, and clearly inside the French Quarter. I believe the Holiday Inn to which you're referring would be the Downtown Holiday Inn, on Poydras, which is only a few blocks from Canal, the upriver boundary of the French Quarter.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]