Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile-Streeterville) InterContinental

mbuckingham
By mbuckingham,
in

Okay, though we cancelled the week trip we might be able to sneak in the weekend.

I put in 2 adults 1 child (better chance at 2 beds) and I pull up the following from hotwire

4* fitness, restaurant, business, internet, spa $73 mag mile 85% review

4 1/2 * fitness, restaurant, business, internet $94 mag mile 80% review

4 * fitness, pool, restaurant, business, internet $79 85% review

3 1/2 * breakfast, fitness, restaurant, business, internet, golf, tennis, spa $99 gold coast 80% review

What's your guesses at these hotels? I may opt to buy with the coupon to ensure 2 beds...but who knows.

For the 3.5* NMA, do you mean boutique instead of breakfast? I'm seeing boutique, and this would appear to be the Indigo.

4* Mag Mile would likely be the Hyatt, the 4.5* could possibly be the Intercontinental, James or Conrad (but most likely the Intercontinental.) Is the 4* pool, fitness, restaurant, business/internet in the Loop?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The 4* Loop would likely be the Palmer.

I like the Indigo a great deal, but there have been some reports of guests being charged extra for two beds - not sure whether those users indicated 2/1 or just 2, but that would be an issue. Wouldn't recommend the Hyatt or Palmer with nicer options not too much more - personally, the Westin or 4.5* NMA would be appealing options. A bigger recommendation, although it would be just South of the river, would be the Monaco for $99 via Expedia.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia.com or Orbitz.com links to start your purchases and searches.

The 4* Loop would likely be the Palmer.

I like the Indigo a great deal, but there have been some reports of guests being charged extra for two beds - not sure whether those users indicated 2/1 or just 2, but that would be an issue. Wouldn't recommend the Hyatt or Palmer with nicer options not too much more - personally, the Westin or 4.5* NMA would be appealing options. A bigger recommendation, although it would be just South of the river, would be the Monaco for $99 via Expedia.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia.com or Orbitz.com links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks a ton. Just saw another great price $90-10 for the Knicerbocker. Any experience with it?

The Knickerbocker was recently renovated - it's a very historic, older property - and reviews have picked up since the renovation (it was never bad, but it used to be one of the least desirable 4*'s in the area.) I'd recommend the 4.5* Mag Mile/possible Intercontinental instead, though - that's a really grand, very nice historic property right on Michigan Ave. And then the Monaco/Westin options would be just a bit higher.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE, Expedia.com or Orbitz.com links.

The Knickerbocker was recently renovated - it's a very historic, older property - and reviews have picked up since the renovation (it was never bad, but it used to be one of the least desirable 4*'s in the area.) I'd recommend the 4.5* Mag Mile/possible Intercontinental instead, though - that's a really grand, very nice historic property right on Michigan Ave. And then the Monaco/Westin options would be just a bit higher.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE, Expedia.com or Orbitz.com links.

Thanks. Going to go with the Westin I think. More our style, though the 4.5* would be nice the Intercontinental is a bit ritzy for our taste, we're more hip loft type of people.

Thanks for all the help. I've told so many people about this site.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

If searching for more than double occupancy, you can just click the HOTWIRE logo in the search box above, which will take you straight to the HOTWIRE home page and you an adjust the occupancy there.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]