Priceline Hotel: 4* Rochester (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

ygtgxi
By ygtgxi,
in

Past bids were usually $50 but maybe because it is long weekend so it is more expensive. There were 5 re-bid zones

Tried 6 days ago and failed but here is the attempt. Seeing as there were so many zones so I tried to low ball. I was aiming for a the 4* hyatt

Attempt 1-$28

Attempt 2-$30

Attempt 3-$33

Attempt 4-$35

Attempt 5-$37

There goes the end of my 1st shot at it

Tried again the next day

Attempt 1-$35

Attempt 2-$37

Attempt 3-$40

Attempt 4-$43

Attempt 5-$47

Failed again.

Tried again the next day

Attempt 1-$46

Attempt 2-$49

Attempt 3-$50

Attempt 4-$52

Attempt 5-$55

Tried again the next day

Seems like my low ball attempt is failing and even the 50 dollar bid does not work

Attempt 1-$50

Attempt 2-$52

Attempt 3-$55

Attempt 4-$59

Attempt 5-$62-->SUCCESS

Wow unbelievable eh? about 20 attempts, I thought as usually the price was around $50. Also I check and I saw the normal rate per night was only $95 for it per day. I knew I have a good chance at around $46-$50 as usually i divide their rates by half. Nope failed this time, had to get all the way up to $62. Maybe $60 was the magic number but I was getting a bit annoyed. I was prepared to low ball the 3* radisson for about $35-$40 if the 62 attempt did not work for the hyatt. Honestly, I wanted it to fail. lol but i only spend $50 more for a great hotel. If i think about it, a motel cost 69.99 a night at normal rate so for the same price I got a 4* so no complains. Used the PRICELINE link!

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]