Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Los Anegles (Redondo-Manhattan) Hawthorn Ste

KenD
By KenD,
in

Strange experience. I booked this on 2/4. $35 was my first bid. I was counting on the Residence Inn and it came through. I needed a room from 2/5 until the middle of the following week, but I wasn't sure exactly what day my departure would be. I booked for Saturday to Monday with intention of adding more days after my schedule firmed up on Sunday. I knew there was a risk doing it this way, but it seems like the NOTHING else has been coming up for other bidders in this region at 2.5* other than the Residence Inn. Damned if last night the extra days (2/7 - 2/9) didn't cost me $92 AND I had to change hotels to the Hawthorn Suite! Grrr... from the address, it appears that it's almost next door, but who wants to switch hotels? I'll repost this info along with my second successful (?!) bid.

First bid - $35 - rejected. Didn't feel comfortable adding other zones. I had read one tip that suggested adding Santa Monica because, even though rooms are available at this star rating, the prices are generally so high that it won't result in a winning bid, but I couldn't afford to take that chance.

Second bid - $50 - rejected. Had my wife bid.

Third bid - $70 - rejected. Had a co-worker bid a third time.

After my third bid was rejected, PL gave me a "special" one time opportunity to bid again without making any changes so long as I bumped my bid up by $22. Getting worried at this point. Additional nights at the Residend Inn on Marriott's web site are $159!

Fourth bid - $92. Accepted, but at new hotel! grr...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]