Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Hyatt Regency

Looking For Deals
By Looking For Deals,
in

Hotel Stay: July 30 - Aug 1, 2010 (Friday-Sunday)

Priceline / Resort Class / Waikiki Beach area

Bid: $75, 79, 83, 85, 87, $90 = None accepted

Searches for "Resort Waikiki" on this site showed several recent bids accepted under $90.

After denying a bid, Priceline would grey-checkmark the Resort level, AND also the 5 star level.

Apparently there is one or more 5* resorts in the Waikiki Beach area now. Do you know which

ones these are? Do you recommend including 5* in my bids?

Budget is up to $100 night. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

Do you recommend including 5* in my bids?

The star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, and since 5* properties are rated higher than Resorts, you've actually already included 5* in your bids above (because PRICELINE searched for Resort properties and everything higher, so they checked for both resorts and 5* properties)

At the 5* level in this zone the Royal Hawaiian would be at least one possibility.

At the Resort class you have 5 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Waikiki Beach...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Looking For Deals

If you have reach your limit and don't want to change zone or star rating is there not much you can do for the moment. But book a fully refundable room and stick to your bidding strategy, you have plenty off time. I use GTA Hotels when booking refundable rooms. Link can be found on boards support page. But read the conditions for the room before booking!

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE link :)

Just post if you need any further help

Yellowdog.

You are looking for a great deal during the highest of high seasons... Try bidding $101 for a resort in Waikiki. If you don't get it, try again each day raising your bid by $5. You should get it by the time you get to $121. You will probably get the Waikiki Beach Marriott, Hyatt Regency Waikiki or the Sheraton Waikiki.

I just got the Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa for $91 for tonight... Park at the Aston Waikiki Banyan for just $10 per night!

Can you please post your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of it when searching the topic titles of the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels at an acceptable hotel for these dates?

Have you found a suitable, refundable, back-up reservation?

HOTWIRE has what i believe to be the Waikiki Parc for $129/nite... would this work for your plans?

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I bid via the PRICELINE link:

$100

$105

$111

$144 = Accepted!

Now I'm going to join Hyatt's Gold Passport program and

add it to my reservation for incidentals, and hopefully this

will increase my chances that I:

>> Don't get a smoking room.

>> Possibly get offered an upgrade.

Any other tips on what to do now that I successfully won a

Priceline bid would be appreciated.

Thanks Better Bidding!

Any other tips on what to do now that I successfully won a

Priceline bid would be appreciated.

You can call the hotel and ask them to put a note on the reservation that you prefer a non-smoking room and configuration (ie- king bed, 2 doubles, etc) I'd save any "oceanview" type requests for check-in time.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]